Propulsion issue 05 GXP SupChrg

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmjr12

I was idling through a canal...felt a thump and all of a sudden I cant get any thrust, anything above an idle shakes the machine like its going to explode. I don't think i HIT anything...but when i took it out of the water and started it on land, the engine sounded fine but the back end had white smoke coming out of it and sounded like some1 was spinning a tin can full of metal washers...

ideas? thoughts?

Exactly like ski-dOO said. Mine did the exact same thing over the weekend. Turns out that the pump sucked in a small piece of wood after jumping a wake. Gave throttle and had absolutely no forward power. Over +- 2500 rpm there was a huge vibration and still no power. Did the last 10 kilometer's at 6 km/h (very frustrating). When i got home, I removed the intake grate and still could not see any dirt stuck inside. Then took a small camera to take some pics inside the pump housing. A little piece of wood was wedged inbetween the wear ring and the impeller itself. the wood measured a mere 2" and had a diameter of about 1/2". Wedged out the wood and to my surprise the wear ring was un-damaged. Problem solved. Could not beleive that such a small piece of wood will affect the flow dynamics of the jet system so much.

Not to mention how little it takes to throw the impeller's balance off and make for some serious shaking! Jet pumps do not like to have things sucked up into them. :-(

- Michael

whats even more frustrating is taking it in for service and them not taking it apart like i asked them to, instead they want to "water test it"...take it apart, make sure everythings cool, grease the needed parts, give the back end a tune up and charge me...piece of mind is CRUCIAL on a large lake since thats all i ride on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back