Prop shaft thread/ Prop thread stripped

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveler101

I have 2013 GTI SE130 w/ Solas Concord SR-10/18A prop that appeares to have a stripped shaft and or prop thread. I removed the jet pump assembly and prop remained on the drive shaft spline. When I attempted to tighten the prop onto the jet pump shaft with splined bolt tool it doesn’t tighten up, i.e threads stripped.

Questions:
1. Is this a common issue?
2. What is the prop/shaft thread size (English or metric)
3. Can this be a spun Prop? Doesn’t appear to have a Prop bushing
4. How do you remove the prop shaft nut on opposite end when prop thread is stripped.

I’m new to forum and hope this is correct area to pos. It’s Grandson’s Sea Doo and I’m learning to how to repair. Need HELP!

1. It's not common but does happen. More common for the driveshaft to strip inside the impeller.
2. Almost everything is metric on seadoos including the impeller thread which I think yours is 18 x 1.5mm. Don't try fixing the threads, not worth the effort, just replace it.
3. There are no bushing props like the boats on PWCs. They are all direct RH thread.
4. There are 2 flat spots on the end of the impeller shaft just above the nut. This is how it is always removed by stacking wrenches on the nut and flat spots. It's not tight and will come right off.

1. It's not common but does happen. More common for the driveshaft to strip inside the impeller.
2. Almost everything is metric on seadoos including the impeller thread which I think yours is 18 x 1.5mm. Don't try fixing the threads, not worth the effort, just replace it.
3. There are no bushing props like the boats on PWCs. They are all direct RH thread.
4. There are 2 flat spots on the end of the impeller shaft just above the nut. This is how it is always removed by stacking wrenches on the nut and flat spots. It's not tight and will come right off.
Thanks!
So it’s a new shaft, and impeller, Right? I was not sure if Prop had a replacement bushing was possible.

I have 2013 GTI SE130 w/ Solas Concord SR-10/18A prop that appeares to have a stripped shaft and or prop thread. I removed the jet pump assembly and prop remained on the drive shaft spline. When I attempted to tighten the prop onto the jet pump shaft with splined bolt tool it doesn’t tighten up, i.e threads stripped.

Questions:
1. Is this a common issue?
2. What is the prop/shaft thread size (English or metric)
3. Can this be a spun Prop? Doesn’t appear to have a Prop bushing
4. How do you remove the prop shaft nut on opposite end when prop thread is stripped.

I’m new to forum and hope this is correct area to pos. It’s Grandson’s Sea Doo and I’m learning to how to repair. Need HELP!
Just a couple more questions, I’ve seen both Loctite 742, 743 and 767 used on prop threads Should it be never-seize and can any type be used. Since I disassembled and found the prop not attached to the bearing shaft should I use the 742/743 loctite products to keep the prop on the shaft?

also does the jet pump bearing shaft need to be press fit with a Hyd. Press or is it drop in and attached with the nut and torqued on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back