RESTO Project Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a sick looking boat .... Great work Chris , we need to meet up for a wake board and jetski latter

Hey Al
Im going to Broome this weekend but the weekend after ill be taking the ski out to finish running it in and hopefully getting the boat out for a bit too

The weather here has been shite! We've had a late and extended winter, but its finally starting to turn into summer.

I got the wake tower professionally polished and it was well worth it, he got it looking like a mirror. Today I finished assembling the bimini and the board rack and got it on the boat.

Hopefully the weather holds for the long weekend otherwise next weekend is looking hot at this stage, should be a good summer!

6ibx.jpg

6j4x.jpg

3pjm.jpg

kqpg.jpg

407n.jpg

1oo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm saying is wow, you have done a great job and dropped lots of coins on your boat, bet you would like the higher rpm two stroke engine more the four one, hope your boat runs as good as it looks.

[video=youtube;-4IP7mI0dTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IP7mI0dTE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
You can watch in up to 720P by clicking on the cog. Right at the end you will see Guyph do a nice cartwheel across the water

That was AWESOME, nothing like a couple of adult kids trashing each other! Well played and the transformation is amazing.

Had another great day out wake boarding and towing the inflatable.
Right at the end of the day I started getting really bad cavitation one the left engine, so I trailered it and found exactly what I was expecting.
prg5.jpg

99ir.jpg

5rxz.jpg

The driveshaft cover is a great idea, shame it didnt work this time tho.

On the same note I get fairly bad cavitation on take off, I was planning to remove the carbon seal and install the bearing carrier system like I did on the RXX. The gap around the prop is tight so that shouldnt be it, though now im wondering if it could be caused by the sleeve..?

Does anyone else have the same problem or had any luck sorting it out?

LOL, Been there done that!

I have the carbon seal on my Speedster and no cavitation. I notice that you don't have the neoprene seal on the pump mounting plate. Also if it hasn't been done yet, the seams on the plate should be siliconed up where the black pump shoe meets the white gel-coat. I also did a guys Challenger in the spring and rebuilt the carbon seals with a heavy duty stainless ring, new wear rings, Solas Concord impellers and neoprene seal and that is a pretty heavy boat and there is zero cavitation on that , the holeshot is awesome. If you seal up the pump correctly there is no need for the old bearing set up.

Neoprene seal 293200024

206.jpg

Heavy duty stainless ring from OSDparts.com the stocker is on the right
http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_...s_id=4&zenid=cb60350985afc45c12baa8f6e894892a

Neoprene seal installed

Sweet thanks for the reply, I thought there was something missing- every other pump I've ever pulled had the rubber ring.

Not sure if ill get the HD SS collars initially but I'll definitely get the neoprene and flush up the gaps.

Do you use the shaft protector or get rid of them?

They have gone the way of the trash can. Just one more thing to cut off while removing another rope, LOL

It's a novel idea but more BS than what it's worth.

BTW, I got sucked into about an hour and a half of Aussie shredding the other day, starting here

[video=youtube;85oIVXWmULQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85oIVXWmULQ[/video]

Then to this from Freiburger from Hot Rod Mag---You guys do some sick sh!t down there!

[video=youtube;iYeBHtoxs7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYeBHtoxs7g[/video]

It turns out the wear rings are f#*ked and one prop has chewed a few rocks so they are both out for an overhaul.
Ive got new wear rings, neoprene seals and o-rings installed and cleaned and flushed up the gaps in the tunnel with sikaflex as well.
The bad prop has been cleaned up with the file and reinstalled for now as the new Solas props wont arrive until mid November.
Im really looking forward to seeing how different it behaves just sealed up!

All flushed up and new neoprene seals
xa8h.jpg

New liners, seals and oil.
tgd2.jpg

I got a rear view mirror off eBay, from China and its actually decent quality for only $110 compared to $400ish from a high end Wake parts place.
mej1.jpg

41zh.jpg

My new Ronix wakeboard arrived yesterday as well, cant wait to get it wet!!
kdzd.jpg

c6ey.jpg

Its been a while since I dropped an update, I was having cavitation problems on take off especially when trying to pop wake boards out of the water.
2 new Solas props, rope guards removed and all of the flushing up and new seals did the job.
Ive also ordered bearing carrier driveline seals to hopefully eliminate the cavitation but 1 seal never arrived so yesterday I was still running the carbon seals.

I could not be happier with how the boat turned out. Makes a great wake boat as well as being heaps of fun around the buoys at racing the other week. Yesterday was a little windy and choppy but we still had a great day out on the water, I tried out a new GoPro mound on the board, check it out!
[video=youtube;4YDdjKH9hQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDdjKH9hQI[/video]

Awesome bud, nice to see the Speedster getting some use. I'd love to see some vids of the speedster running the bouys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back