Possible to enable Right Hand Keypad for GTX 130 Pro Rental model using BUDS2?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pierreye

Hi,

Need help from anyone with BUDS2 software. I bought a GTX 130 Pro Rental model and found out that it doesn't come with right hand keypad. After installing the ski module, I can enable the ski mode but can't make changes to the RAMP and SPEED settings without the right hand keypad. Checking out the service manual, I re-pin the cluster on pin A-4 and A-15, tapping the ground wire from left hand keypad. Connect that the wiring to a new right hand keypad but the button doesn't do anything. I suspect the ECU or cluster need to enable support for right hand keypad. Any idea if BUDS2 can be used to enable right hand keypad? If yes, kindly post a screenshot where's the option so I can talk to my dealer to enable the option.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Need help from anyone with BUDS2 software. I bought a GTX 130 Pro Rental model and found out that it doesn't come with right hand keypad. After installing the ski module, I can enable the ski mode but can't make changes to the RAMP and SPEED settings without the right hand keypad. Checking out the service manual, I re-pin the cluster on pin A-4 and A-15, tapping the ground wire from left hand keypad. Connect that the wiring to a new right hand keypad but the button doesn't do anything. I suspect the ECU or cluster need to enable support for right hand keypad. Any idea if BUDS2 can be used to enable right hand keypad? If yes, kindly post a screenshot where's the option so I can talk to my dealer to enable the option.

Thanks in advance.
Let me know what you find out, please! I just bought two and I'm still working on figuring out how to get the handlebar to raise and lower... I think I only need one part that Seadoo didn't install on the lock-mechanism on the rental unit but I haven't dug into it, yet, just ordered the part.

Didn't look into the handlebar but doable. I also found out the trim tab is not on GTX 130 Pro. Cheap parts and shouldn't be too difficult to install. For the keypad, definitely need to be enable from the firmware. I'm checking with Powersport Diagnostics System (https://diag-systems.com/) to enable it but need to get MPI-3 cable to dump out the configuration to let him check.

If you have a dealer nearby, can you get your dealer to save a copy of BUDS configuration file for your GTX 130 Pro? I could send that file to him. Also looks like it's possible to enable VTS as we have all the hardware.

Didn't look into the handlebar but doable. I also found out the trim tab is not on GTX 130 Pro. Cheap parts and shouldn't be too difficult to install. For the keypad, definitely need to be enable from the firmware. I'm checking with Powersport Diagnostics System (https://diag-systems.com/) to enable it but need to get MPI-3 cable to dump out the configuration to let him check.

If you have a dealer nearby, can you get your dealer to save a copy of BUDS configuration file for your GTX 130 Pro? I could send that file to him. Also looks like it's possible to enable VTS as we have all the hardware.
I sent instructions in email. Please let me know the changing of which settings will resolve the problem.

I sent instructions in email. Please let me know the changing of which settings will resolve the problem.
Thanks. I had received the email and will prepare a laptop for installation by Saturday. My dealer is coming down on Monday so hopefully I can try out the setting.

Thanks for the help. I manage to enable right keypad on GTX 130 Pro. As an extra bonus, the VTS is functional too. Anyone want to enable extra function on their Sea-Doo, get the mechatronics license from diag-systems. Again I'm very happy that all functionality now enable which is similar to GTX 170. If you need cruise control, would need to change the left keypad with cruise control button (without middle IDF button).

Thank you for this info, @pierreye! As soon as I get through my backlog I'll be doing this! I'll let you know how the handlebar thing goes... still waiting on parts.
Just a reminder, the service manual diagram point the ground to the top of the pin when the right keypad facing forward which is wrong. The ground pin is actually at the bottom of the right keypad. You can use a multimeter to verify ground wire using diode mode. Use 18 gauge tinned silicone wire to tap.

Also trim tab is missing from our unit but looks like cheap part to retrofit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back