possible rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomanycars

Sorry for all the questions,. I have a 2000 seadoo gtx millennium edition 787 rfi engine. It has about 250 hours , I am pretty mechanical . Is doing a top end rebuild something i could do without opening a can of worms or should i have a local shop do it. I see the kits on here WSM, The shop wants 12 to 1400 . Any replies would be great/ / Thanks in advance.

Seems kind of high for a top end job. You said you were mechanical, its not hard too hard, try it.

Im going to do it myself . Checking compression tomm, I just want all 3 of my ski's like new.
I'm that way myself but you don't need them like new... just reliable and know their condition. Preventive Maintenance is the key.

At 250 hours, do a new/rebuilt crank, cb, and top end.
Fix it all correctly the first time, it'll be gas and go for years

I said that in my previous post. 149 psi in both cyl is a good engine., I have one engine in another ski that has a problem. I have 2 2000 gtx rfi 787 skis. One bogs for the first 5 minutes out then clears up the rest of the day.

That's all in another thread. My comments are just dealing with the information contained in this "possible rebuild" thread.

Good luck getting to the bottom of your bogging issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back