Possible driveshaft noise challenger 180 se

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bazagrand

Hi, I was out non my 180 se 2005 215hp yesterday, she was running ok then there was a drop in power and a strange groaning noise, it sounded like something was wrapped around the driveshaft(maybe a rope or something). I cut the engine tthen tried it a couple more times and still the same so got towed in, got her on the trailer had a good look under and there was nothing on the shaft or in the impeller no damage at all.
So quickly fired her up out of the water and she ran ok and revved up, no signs of noise
So we dropped her back in water still on the trailer and fired up again but straight away the groaning whining noise was back. So cut engine.
We tried this several times but every time out of the water it seemed ok, but once back in water(under load maybe but boat was still on trailer and engine left idling) the noise returned.
Could this be some driveshaft bearing issue? If so where are they or is it possibly a S/C issue??? Please help
Regards Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back