Port engine not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhonpig

Hi all,

This is my first year owning a 2008 Speedster 200 and after about 3 times out, the port engine no longer starts.

After I place the DESS, there is one long beep followed by 2 short beeps. I’m guessing the long beep is the issue with the port engine because the starboard (driver) one turns on just like normal.

Pushing the start button results in nothing...no clicks, no sign of anything happening.

I’ve tried thus far:
- Switching the start buttons to see if there was a button issue but there is not.
- Checking and cleaning all connections.
- Checking all fuses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Swap the ECU’s on the motors and see if the problem goes to the other motor. Mine did this exactly and it was a bad ECU

I apologize for the naïveté, but where is the ECU on the motor? I have the owners manual for the boat but it doesn’t mention it at all.

On top of the intake manifold toward the rear. It's got two large electrical connectors plugged into it. Probably says Siemens VDO on it but I think there may have been other manufacturers. You should probably get a copy of the shop manual.

Thank you! Yea, I’ve been looking for one for the 2008 Speedster specifically but am having trouble finding one for sale.

The manuals are probably out of print, but they have many of them available for download as PDFs on this site for members or you can find many or all of them elsewhere as well by using Google. They didn't publish the manuals every year so you might need the one for a year or two before or the year after your boat depending on which matches up.

Hi J, did you swap the ECU's and did the problem follow the ECU? I have an 07 430 speedster that recently started doing the same thing except it's the starboard side....it will start occasionally but not always, same thing, no click, doesn't turn over and the check engine light pops up

Same issue here cluster turned on 2 beeps and shuts off. I changed relays solinoid battery what haven’t I changed smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back