Pop off tester attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumper3322

Hey guys,

I really need to build one of these, but I'm not sure what kind of attachments are required for the carbs, and mainly the jet pump cone. Does someone have a pic or site with what exactly is need to test these 2 things please. What is attached to the pop off tester to test each of these.

Thx,

The how to article is locked so can't ask there.

2013-05-02 22.11.29.jpgheres the pop off tester I built,home depo,20buks,i just put a rubber hose on it,straight to the carbs.to see if the carbs hold pressure after assembled I use a rad press tester with just a hose on it,so I can watch small pressure.i took the allen plug to the hardware store n got a barbed fitting that matched the threads,screw that into the pump cone and that's how I do it.

pump cone is 1/8" npt thread iirc, to use the same hose as the carbs, get a 1/8" NPT to 1/4" nipple fitting, should be available at your local vancezone on the little spinning rack with all the hardware next to the adhesives.

I spent $60 and bought a mityvac 8500 kit. It's good for many other things in the engine repair world so I won't be using it just for carbs. But the really nice part about it is that I can do vacuum and pressure testing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back