poor performance and accleration i need some help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

texanwake

I have a 2008 see doo challenger. we jst got it last summer in july and used it almost every weekend and never had a problem with it. it was running great right before we had it winterized for the winter. when we pulled it back out for the first time this year it had a lack of accleration, top speed and overall performance. we have already changed the plugs and gaps are set to the correct spacing does anyone know what else the problem could be? i believe it only has 30 - 40 hours on engine.

Your wear ring is the ring that is around your impeller. lay under the boat and look up thru the intake grate and check it out. it should be white. if your ring is torn up it's super easy to fix. takes an hour or so depending on how much of mechanic you are. once you get the pump out just throw it in the freezer and the ring will shrink just enough to pull it out. leave the new ring in the freezer for an hour and it will slip in then throw it back together. there are threads on here that are more discriptive. check it out and good luck.

Because the boat was performing great before winterization, and poor immediately after, it doesn't seem possible your wear ring could have got damage in the interim...I would think your fuel is stale, has some water mixed in from condensation, or whomever winterized your boat dumped in the wrong additive? I would siphon it out and run some new high octane fuel...JMO,
John

Wear rings are one possibility. But if it was running well when you winterized it and not running well first thing this season it sounds doubtful. A wear ring goes bad over time because of normally operating wear, or because you sucked up something nasty through your pump (esp rocks) that scraped it up. That could also nick up your impeller causing performance losses. Still, look at it to see if it's in good condition.

Do the engines rev freely? Or do you push the throttle and it hesitates, or fluctuates rather than holding speed? Does it ever stall? Since you've checked your plugs, the other possibility is fuel delivery.

If when you press the throttle the engine revs to the limit but the boat hesitates before accelerating, that's cavitation. Then you probably have a wear ring or impeller problem.

alright im going to check the rings tonight but to some of the other questions we have already siphoned the gas and put premium fuel in it (93+ octane). when i push the throttle down it will max out at about 6300 rpms its normal rpms were 7900-8100 last summer at full throttle. Not any hesitation just a slower accleration it will hit 6100 rpm immediately at full throttle and build speed slowly to about 25-30 mph, boat was easly running about 45mph fully loaded last summer.

alright i just checked the wear ring out last night looks a little scratched but not torn up, impeller is fine no nicks, dings or, scratches but theetr is a tiny little bit of sunlight comming from between the impeller and the wear ring is that a problem. on to the fuel delivery statment i pulled the injectors out and they looked fine but that dosnt mean theire not clogged on the inside does anyone know how i could perform a injector servicing since there is not a schrader valve on the fuel rail.

the main problem we seem to be having is the engine not reaching its normal rpms

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have heard here in the forum when it tails off at 6000 rpm ish, it indicates the supercharger is not doing its' job. It is the SC that gets it up to the 8000 rpm. I have no experience but that is a theory. Why the SC would die over the winter? I have heard that synthetic oil will make the clutch slip in these SCs. Was synthetic used for the oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back