Plenum leak in 95 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

miketyler

Hi guys - long time no post! I was getting my Challenger ready for the lake and had hooked up to hose to be sure there were no leak issues when I noticed water spewing out of the upper plenum. See pics - can this be epoxied or welded or? I assume under lake pressure it wouldnt leak as bad as having city water pressure applied?

Attachments

• IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7208.JPG
    IMG_7208.JPG
    707.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7209.JPG
    IMG_7209.JPG
    633.9 KB · Views: 4
Not fun, but normal. That's the weld plug. They rot out before the pipe does. You can fix it by removing it... tapping the hole, and threading in a pipe plug. OR... remove it, and weld over a hunk of aluminum.

If you just want to get out to the lake... blob over some JB Weld epoxy putty. That will get you going for a few trips. (make sure its clean first)

Thanks for responding. Good info. I may try the pipe plug solution depending on how large a hole I leave after its cleared up. So this is a "wet" exhaust where water and exhaust share the same chamber?

The elbow has a waterjacket and inner pipe. The expansion chamber is a standard wet pipe.

That hole would only be a water leak. (no exhaust)

Just happened on her maiden voyage after restoring her. off to the welding shop!

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpeg
    IMG_1064.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back