(Please Help!) 1994 SeaDoo Explorer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

owensteger

Hello,
I own a 1994 Seadoo Explorer with the 657 Rotax two-stroke engine. I went to pull the battery out today and while doing so the screwdriver I was using slipped out of my hand and went under the engine. I have tried to feel around for it/ grab it but there is just not enough room for my hand. If you are not familiar with the Explorer layout under the hatch I will do my best to explain it to you. Towards the front of the boat is the gas and oil tank stacked on top of each other, then directly behind that is where the battery goes and directly behind that is the front of the engine.
Please give me any advice on this issue. I'm not sure if I should continue to use the boat or not or what my best option is.

Hello,
I own a 1994 Seadoo Explorer with the 657 Rotax two-stroke engine. I went to pull the battery out today and while doing so the screwdriver I was using slipped out of my hand and went under the engine. I have tried to feel around for it/ grab it but there is just not enough room for my hand. If you are not familiar with the Explorer layout under the hatch I will do my best to explain it to you. Towards the front of the boat is the gas and oil tank stacked on top of each other, then directly behind that is where the battery goes and directly behind that is the front of the engine.
Please give me any advice on this issue. I'm not sure if I should continue to use the boat or not or what my best option is.[/Q

Try going to your local auto parts store and get a flexible grabbing tool it's about 30 inches long and has a grabbing prong on one end to grab things like nuts bolts scokets even screwdrivers and there not that expensive good tool to have

Ok, I will try that. Problem is I cant see where it is and I don't want to end up pushing it further. Am I at risk of any damage by starting or using it the way it currently is?

I wouldn't worry about it. Just drive it around until it turns up in the back of the bilge. Have you tried putting it on a trailer and lifting the tongue up to shake it out?

I wouldn't worry about it. Just drive it around until it turns up in the back of the bilge. Have you tried putting it on a trailer and lifting the tongue up to shake it out?
Ok, I just don't want to break anything. It is currently on the trailer so I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back