piston rings on 97 challenger.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

poetbruce

Hello. I want to change piston rings after cleaning and repairing piston jugs. The parts list two different numbers for the rings. When I look on line most show two rings sets but not sure if they are the two different ones or two of the same.

What kind of cleaning and repairing did you do? I don’t generally see people try to re-ring the stock pistons, as the cylinders are usually in need of machining...

Had to replace cylinder gasket, so I thought I would clean the piston heads, no much gunk on them so it was easy with warm soap and water. Then oiled. Cleaned the rings also. no need to replace. Tough getting them to stay in place when putting jugs and sleeves back on.

Had to replace cylinder gasket, so I thought I would clean the piston heads, no much gunk on them so it was easy with warm soap and water. Then oiled. Cleaned the rings also. no need to replace. Tough getting them to stay in place when putting jugs and sleeves back on.

Have to replace gasket, sleeve pinched the gasket and cut one section.

If they are stock pistons you have to buy stock rings, the aftermarket ones are different and will not work.

How are SBT and OEM pistons different? The design looks similar. Would SBT rings work?
You are correct, they do look similar.
I know SBT isn't the same quality as OEM from personal experience. You would have to call them to see if they will work with OEM pistons.
BTW, it would only be $40 more to go OEM rings over the SBT.

You are correct, they do look similar.
I know SBT isn't the same quality as OEM from personal experience. You would have to call them to see if they will work with OEM pistons.
BTW, it would only be $40 more to go OEM rings over the SBT.
this is a question i had now answered , thanks,, SEA DOO RINGS ARENT CHEAP CONSIDERING I HAVE BOUGHT SETS FOR MERCURY V6 OUTBOARDS 12 RINGS TOTAL FOR FAR LESS THEN 4 RINGS FOR SEA DOO MOTORS. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back