RESTO Picking up a 96 XP, Needs some TLC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't want to hit needle bearings as you might bend the retaining shell.

To measure the depth just get a $15 Harbor Freight digital caliper.

I got the bearings pressed in at the correct depth, I was looking in the repair manual for the direction of the seal but couldn't tell which way it goes even after doing this multiple times in the past few years. Do I have it correct in the picture attached.

Attachments

• 00p0p_k1ReZAk7d4e_600x450.jpg
    00p0p_k1ReZAk7d4e_600x450.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 19
I got my VTS working again, ended up getting a 451m relay, my set up didn't work, and am looking for self resetting breaker to put in place of the fuse in the back box. Does anyone know where to get one or if it is necessary? Should the fuse in the rear box for the VTS be 10A?

I got my VTS working again, ended up getting a 451m relay, my set up didn't work, and am looking for self resetting breaker to put in place of the fuse in the back box. Does anyone know where to get one or if it is necessary? Should the fuse in the rear box for the VTS be 10A?
I have done this mod and it does work. I got my breaker off ebay, super cheap. I believe I ordered a 7.5A; you want it to trip immediately; as soon as the trim reaches its limit and the motor can't turn. Here is one for sale: 5-30A Circuit Breaker Blade Fuse Resettable Auto Manual Car Marine Rally 12V 24V | eBay

It is a bit larger than the original blade fuse, so it doesn't seat fully down into the little holder with the orange gasket like stock. So make sure the gasket on the rear ebox seals well, and additionally I would suggest coating the blades of the circuit breaker with dialectric grease before inserting.

Finally got it all together and in the water for a quick 5 min test run and it ran awesome! Looking forward to some better weather to take it out for a long ride. This little ski is quick.

I have 1 issue sometimes when I put the key on it doesn't beep, would this be post or key? I only have 1 key.

Finally got it all together and in the water for a quick 5 min test run and it ran awesome! Looking forward to some better weather to take it out for a long ride. This little ski is quick.

I have 1 issue sometimes when I put the key on it doesn't beep, would this be post or key? I only have 1 key.
beeper

Use some alcohol and clean the post and key, my 97 gsx had a little gunk on it, doing something similar to what you described until I cleaned it. Although it may not be that, just something you can do without spending money to see if that fixes it.

Still haven't got back to the post issue, but am currently cover shopping. I purchased a Poppy cover for my GTX and am looking for something a little cheaper for my XP. Has anyone ever used this company https://www.boatcover.com/index.php/spartan-supreme-1200-trade-all-weather-1511190.html
Or can anyone recommend a decent cover, not looking for the best for this ski.

The Covermate covers are like the OEM ones, have them on my GTX and GSX. They're from $55 to $104. Covermate Pro Contour-Fit PWC Cover for Sea Doo Plus from Overtons you can get another 10%.

I was looking at those covers also, more in the price range I was looking for. Thanks for recomendation.

Final piece got put on today, bright yellow handle bar pad. Next year will be seat cover and traction mats.20200601_174157.jpg20200601_174208.jpg

I want to know too. Where do you find the pad/cover? Mine has completely disintegrated, to the point that it doesn't make sense to buy a fabric cover (because the plastic is just coming apart).

I want to know too. Where do you find the pad/cover? Mine has completely disintegrated, to the point that it doesn't make sense to buy a fabric cover (because the plastic is just coming apart).
If you guys want one really mint I know a guy that restores them. If your dead serious pm me and I'll get you the guys email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back