P0116 Code 05 Sportster 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKOMO

Im getting the P0116 code on my 05 Sportster. Ive replace the Temp sensor and have the same results after riding for about 15 mins. Check engine light comes on but it does not go in limp mode.

How do I know that the engine is actually being cooled? Coolant is full and there are no coolant leaks. No other codes on my Candoo.

Other than removing my thermostat to check it opens in boiling water where else should I check? I cant see a brand new temp sensor being faulty.

Thanks

connect the candoo via laptop and go for short ride and monitor the boat temps. you can see both exhaust and engine temps while you are running on the water.
make sure you cleared the faults correctly, otherwise they reappear on the candoo system.

Hey Thanks for the response. Do you know what the temperatures should be? I will definetely do that.

you can get the manual from the candoo site when you register or from here. i assume you have the 4tec?
just make sure you clear the fault from the ecu with the candoo. check fault status (follow the prompts to write to the ecu).

candoo system;

Fault Code:

The fault codes are special codes assigned to particular problems. More information about the fault codes can be found in the Service Manual.

Source:

The Source tells you which component is sensing the problem.

Status

The 4-TEC Fault system has two fault states:

Active
Occurred

Active Faults
"Active" means that the fault is currently happening now; the underlying problem causing the fault still exists and must be fixed.

Occurred Faults

"Occurred" means that a fault became active at some time in the past, but at this moment, it is not active.

Count

The first time the system detects a fault, it adds the fault to the list (if not already there), and increments the fault counter by one. Note that it only adds one per each time the system has been powered up. For example, it may detect a fault 20 times during a ride, but it only adds one to the count during the entire time the watercraft has been running. Next time the watercraft is powered up and has the fault, it will add one more to the counter. Note that not all faults will have a count.

from the 4tec manual;

Dynamic Test
To check the operation of the thermostat, put it
in water and heat water. Look inside the cylinder
head return hose connection to see the movement
of the thermostat. Thermostat should open
when water temperature reaches 87°C (188°F).
If there is no operation, replace the coolant pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back