Oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciebien

so just bought a 2005 3d base model and can't find anything about oil. i now know that these engines don't have oil like a traditional 4 stroke, but they still need oil to mix with the fuel. what oil do i use. how fast does it use the oil? i'm going to have to pick up the oil at a general store and not from a seadoo dealer as there is none near me

One of my friends uses motor cycle 2 stroke racing oil.
Another uses outboard motor oil.
Seadoo recomend using there brand as it is a low ash synthetic needed for the Rotax engine to perform properly.
Im useing Quicksilver pwc 2 cycle now as the Seadoo XPS is highly overpriced IMO. It seems we are paying a cost for a brand name with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friends uses motor cycle 2 stroke racing oil.
Another uses outboard motor oil.
Seadoo recomend using there brand as it is a low ash synthetic needed for the Rotax engine to perform properly.
Im useing Quicksilver pwc 2 cycle now as the Seadoo XPS is highly overpriced IMO. It seems we are paying a cost for a brand name with this one.

my suggestion is to use seadoo xps to be on the safe side.although i use quicksilver on my older 2 stroke engines,but for 800 and up i use the xps.

if you use 2 stroke TCW3 outboard motor oil, it won't last very long! I fix them all the time. it doesn't provide enough lubrication or cooling and you'll burn up the top end. you need to use full synthetic APITC oil...yes, it's expensive but it's cheaper than rebuilding your motor.

the quicksilver full synthetic PWC appears to be acceptable but isn't much cheaper than XPS, Amsoil also has a full synthetic 2 stroke that some racers use and also seems to be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back