Oil usage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay Cruiser

Quick question (I have searched the forum but can't seem to get an answer). How much oil dose a GTX RFI use. I have just done 39 litres of fuel and it looks like the oil hasn’t gone down at all. Is that normal and how do you know if it is not getting oil or will that be too late.

Oil use is variable. The more throttle (higher RPM's) you give your ski, the more oil it will use. My GTX uses about 1 tank of oil to 5 tanks of fuel.
I can promise you that if it were not oiling...you would know it by now.:cheers:

The average 2 stroke seadoo uses oil at at 40:1 ratio...that's about 3.2 oz of oil per gallon of fuel...But seadoos do use a variable rate injector so it isn't a constant. I would get a plug reading and see how the spark plugs are reading.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, it was just that someone said to pinch the tube and start premixing as it is more reliable, but I really don’t want to do that as I prefer the auto mix system but obviously it is now planted in my mind that it may not oil if the pump packs up or the tubes block and then the result is a blown engine. Has anyone ever had the auto system fail and if so is it a regular thing. Mine is now 9 years old and 165 hours on the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back