Oil tank capacity and premix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeeyireland

Hey
My Seadoo do has an oil tank which is all connected up to the pump and the cable attached to the throttle, I was just wondering what capacity in liters does the xp limited 1999 does it oil and do people run the oil in the tank and then Also premix the fuel aswell? I believe my pump works perfectly but the fuel in my tank looks a little pink so I’m not sure if it’s mixed of if it’s high octane fuel. From the UK

No,,,people do not have an oil pump that works and and also use premix,,,pink fuel??,,,what motor is this,,,if its 800 or earlier, oil from the tank by gravity feeds the rotary valve,,and the oil pump feeds the cylinders,,,,if its an 951,,it does not have a rotary valve,,,so the oil feeds the 2 cylinders.,,,sounds like your oil pump is removed,,,and you are on premix,,is the oil pump there?,,are the lines blocked off,,,pink fuel sounds like premix,,,(40:1)

I know one guy that had 3 seadoos. (2) 95 GTXs and a 96 GTI. He ran premix in addition to the injection system. Said he didn't have plug fouling problems. I said, "You don't have problems cuz you change them often?" LOL Old two stroke guys just can't trust an oil pump and all the hardware that goes with it. :)

It think it is working the oil tank has oil in it and there is a line the goes to the oil pump the cable is attached and there is no block off. I had a 99 xp years ago and never had an issue with the oil pump so I never removed it, I’ve heard that people run a tiny amount of premix and also the oil pump. It might be the light but looking at the tank from the outside it looks a little pink.

No reason to run oil injection and premix unless it’s the first tank on a brand new engine for break in.

If you see my attached images you will see it better so the oil pump has that oil line that goes to the oil tank. But if you look at the fuel tank image it looks pink32DC7F24-150F-4B0F-8560-E276A065DE69.jpeg35959703-ED48-4137-9321-0B97B7FD94FD.jpeg753C4E1C-6FD3-4329-BF2B-F88D6833B687.jpegimage.jpg

The red oil is correct seadoo oil.

Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer will also give fuel a pink tint.

I would replace those small 3/32" oil lines from the pump to the intake manifolds.

40:1, doesn't matter the measure. 40 liters of fuel to 1 liter of oil.
40 gallons to 1 gallon.

The cap on the oil tank has a dipstick attached, with markings. That gives capacity. If your oil tank level is decreasing, (1L or 1US qt, they’re close to equal), after using 40 L fuel, the oil pump is working fine.
Siphon a bit of fuel into a clear container to see the real colour.
There are hundreds of conversion calculators online if you want an exact conversion.
As mikiD said, units don’t matter.
You would use 40L fuel & 1 L oil. Reduce that by a factor if 4, gives you 10L fuel/250ml oil.
20L fuel& 500ml oil.
im in Canada, we also use metric, almost every bottle of oil is marked in ounces,quarts, & litres.
Finally- CHANGE THOSE LITTLE LINES RFN!
This cannot be over stressed. They get brittle & crack. I got really really lucky with my 587 white ‘95 engine.
Last trip of the season a few years ago, going from my dock to public launch to pull it for the season, I heard a different sound, luckily right near the launch. On doing winter maintenance, I found some oil in the bilge, & one line broken. Had I run it a few more minutes...

What tubing/fuel line/etc do you recommend using when you replace the oil lines?

And isn't there an oil line from under the engine to the return? How do you replace that without pulling the engine?

The only oil lines that need to be replaced are the small 3/32" lines from the oil pump to the intake manifold. 3/32" tygon fuel line is available at mower shops or even Home Depot.

Well after a successful day in the sea I premixed the fuel and ran the oil left in the tank to be sure the pump was working and the amount is lower then my marker line so I think the pump is all good so hopefully the pink stuff before was stabiliser or somethingBE9A7954-C5CF-481A-943B-8ACF679C6C8C.jpeg

@mikidymac thats what I thought but not sure why the previous owner would of premixed and use the oil tank, I only use xps so I’ve but a full 4 litres in the oil tank now. The picture above btw is the oil tank, the pink stuff I’m referring to is the picture at the top of the fuel tank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back