Oil Light Comes On...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatman69

Well this is interesting..
I took the new 2008 challenger se with two 215hrp engines out for the third run.
Ran great for the first three hours and then the oil light come on on the star board engine. lucky we were about 1/2 mile from the boat dock.
Turned the boat off and restarted ran for about 15 min before the light came on again. Checked the oil level at the dock and she has plenty of oil any ideas?
I am hoping its just a bad oil switch. I was thinking of taking it out tomorrow and gently run down the river for a while and see if the light comes on.
Maybe the switch over heated on the longer run.
I already had the boat out for approx 4 hours of total run time before today.
No problem the last two times we went out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oil pressure switches....

Heatman, there is 2 sensors on your engines. One for oil pressure and I think the other one is oil seperator pressure....I'll have to go look, but we've got a thread in the forum that has gone over this. There was a mechanic in here, oh, about 3 weeks ago that was talking about bad sensors and what the fix was.
I'll see what I can find out, or try and search, since I can't remember who it was.....
Be careful. You got one hell of a expensive motor there.

Hey thanks big guy.
I have taken the boat in for service today.
I will post what they find so maybe someone else can avoid the same problem.

2008!....

2008, why didn't I think of that easy fix. Take it to the shop!....It's still under warranty. Man, sometimes, the solution is right in your face...:rofl:
I hope it's not bad, let us know what they find out!....

Sensor.....

There has been some reported problems with that OPS and OSPS, so it's good to see that they got you set back up!........
I'll consider this thread is a "solved" problem and close it. If you have anymore problems creep up on ya, just open a new thread!.....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back