Oil leaking into piston chamber

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeb7207

I need to know if it's the inner seals leaking or possibly the bottom crankcase grooves that is leaking. How can I determine which one.

I need to know if it's the inner seals leaking or possibly the bottom crankcase grooves that is leaking. How can I determine which one.
Supply more i formation, we havent seen what you have nor do we know what you’ve been wrenching on. TY

I’ll check back and try to help at that point!

I have a rotax 657x engine that I had to replace the top end. But it was leaking oil into the piston chambers. I originally thought it was the crankshaft because it was smoking and leaking oil badly. So when I got it apart there was a small metal pin stuck under 1 of the inner seals. But the crankshaft looked good. Then I discovered the rings and pistons were scored and damaged. I got all new ones and put it back together. But when I started it back up I still had oil leaking into the chambers and it wouldn't stay running. Before I replace the crankshaft I want to know if it could be the crankcase causing the leak.

have you checked calibration of your oil pump? In the manual for your ski, there should be a part where the oil pump is addressed, showing you how to adjust the linkage for accurate oil addition while at idle and through acceleration.

It is one of the most common issues on the rotary valve seadoo engines like yours. Yes, if it is filling with oil when sitting it is the inner crank seals.

have you checked calibration of your oil pump? In the manual for your ski, there should be a part where the oil pump is addressed, showing you how to adjust the linkage for accurate oil addition while at idle and through acceleration.
I think it's calibrated right

I think it's calibrated right

So the only fix for this is a new crankshaft, do they rebuild these? where's the best place to get a new one or rebuild one? My 95 XP has been doing this for a few years now, smokes a lot at first start after winter storage. Then during the summer it smokes a little on start up, but then runs great.

So the only fix for this is a new crankshaft, do they rebuild these? where's the best place to get a new one or rebuild one? My 95 XP has been doing this for a few years now, smokes a lot at first start after winter storage. Then during the summer it smokes a little on start up, but then runs great.
On yours since it isn't really bad you can put a ball valve on the rotary feed lines. Once it is smoking a lot all the time then your only option is a fresh crank. Cranks are hard to get at the moment and most rebuild shops are way behind.

I bought a new rotary valve for my 1994 xp. The manual says a 159° rotary valve. I got a 147° valve. Can I use it or do I need to send it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back