Oil leak from water intake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamish

Hi all new to the forum but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction
To give you a mental picture to work from, I pulled the engine down 5 years ago “long story as to why it took so long” but it was due to a failed small end bearing in my 587 white motor single carb from Seadoo GTS 94
I have finally rebuilt it and put it back in the hull but when I filled the oil reservoir I started to get oil running from the water inlet beside the jet drive now I’m pretty sure I put everything back as it was and following the manual but after 5 years the memory is a bit foggy ?? I checked the oil piping etc was all in the right place but I’m thinking I must have missed something inside the motor for oil to be crossing from the rotary valve feed into the Coolant galleries any thoughts on what I might have done wrong ? Obviously haven’t run it yet ps I went with the original seals in the middle of the crank but fitted a new rotary shaft assembly tested the oil pump was functioning on the bench as per the manual any advice would be appreciated as I’m not keen to pull it all back out unless I know what I’m looking for

If you have the coolant and oil lines mixed up pictures would help. There is a oil return line "under" the coolant discharge lines on the left side of the engine (port side). I don't know how those could be mixed up up as the oil line is much larger.

If you had an internal seal leak from the rotary valve chamber that would exit from the exhaust system. It would also make the engnine lock up. Pictures of your current connections would really help determine the source and path of the oil leak. Good Luck !!

Thanks for the reply Looks like I simply plumbed it incorrectly should’ve paid more attention to the schematic of the hose routing instead of going by the way the hose bends seemed to sit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back