Oil injection issues/ question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaguire93

Hello all.
2000 seadoo gti

having issues with the oil injection.
So somehow I have snapped the cable connecting the throttle linkage and oil injection unit. (Don’t ask how many many bad words were said)

I’d like to get out on the ski. Can I just keep it all connected and premix the tank?

will the crankshaft still get enough oil?

any help much appreciated.

You can run it as is but take an extra set of sparkplugs. It will default to full oil flow with the cable off so it will smoke more and might foul plugs but your engine will be fine until you can get a new cable.

Thanks for the advice!
Ordered a new cable. Now a follow up question if you can assist/ have the time. I’ll apologise in advance for the terminology.

the arm on the oil pump (green arrow) now turns in a full circle, round and round and round in any direction. I suspect the little spring (pointed to in pink) has came off.

I can get the spring reattached. However how do I know if the pump arm is in the correct position? BB293AFB-7147-4DCD-ADE3-54AE7D3E21B2.png

So. get the spring back on and have it so there is some tension on the lever, basically simulate the cable pulling the arm and the tension pulling against what would be the cable. Then gently let the arm go until it stops pulling against the spring tension. This would be the full open position.

Basically in the event that the cable brakes the oil pump will default to full oil flow so you don't burn up the engine.

So. get the spring back on and have it so there is some tension on the lever, basically simulate the cable pulling the arm and the tension pulling against what would be the cable. Then gently let the arm go until it stops pulling against the spring tension. This would be the full open position.

Basically in the event that the cable brakes the oil pump will default to full oil flow so you don't burn up the engine.
Thank you so much for your advice. I genuinely really appreciate it! This is the kind of stuff you would spend days looking for and someone with the knowledge like yourself can sort it out instantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back