Oil grade in jetpump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Synthetic oil [gear lube] 75, 80 or 90 weight is what I would use. you can get some a local auto store.:) ps hope it is not suppose to grease as the parts list show oil but I have heard that some pumps use grease I just do not know which Seadoo use grease. Hopefully the parts list would be able to distinguish the two words oil and grease :cheers:

4-TECs...

Synthetic oil [gear lube] 75, 80 or 90 weight is what I would use. you can get some a local auto store.:) ps hope it is not suppose to grease as the parts list show oil but I have heard that some pumps use grease I just do not know which Seadoo use grease. Hopefully the parts list would be able to distinguish the two words oil and grease :cheers:

The 4-TEC pumps are the newer pumps. They use grease instead of oil. There bearing system is set up differently too. These two pumps are really completly different. From the outiside, they may look similar, but the inside is a different beast.

Oil? Robiin is correct in the oil type but left out one key point, that gear oil needs to be a GL5 rated oil. Personally, I use the Mobil brand synthetic L1, which is a GL5 rated oil........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back