Oil cut off valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

poetbruce

Hello does anyone have a picture of their oil cut off valve and where to install it. I haven97 challenger bombardier. Thanks

Hello does anyone have a picture of their oil cut off valve and where to install it. I haven97 challenger bombardier. Thanks
Valve is intalled on the large 12mm oil feed line to the rotary valve. The line comes out of the bottom of the injection oil tank. Install the valve so it is within easy reach with the seat removed. Install it "near" the ty-wrap pad so it will be fairly rigid when you turn the valve. Valve has 3/8" inside diameter the OD of the 12mm hose will fit the outside of the valve which is 1/2".
You can get this at Amazon. VALVE

Plastic Valve Rotary Valve oil line.jpg

Thats awesome, thanks ordered this morning. Just to be sure, there are 2 hoses at the bottom of the oil tank use the bigger of the two for shut off.

Yes the large hose. Never mess with the small hose unless you're changing the filter which is a good idea. Good Luck !

Valve is intalled on the large 12mm oil feed line to the rotary valve. The line comes out of the bottom of the injection oil tank. Install the valve so it is within easy reach with the seat removed. Install it "near" the ty-wrap pad so it will be fairly rigid when you turn the valve. Valve has 3/8" inside diameter the OD of the 12mm hose will fit the outside of the valve which is 1/2".
You can get this at Amazon. VALVE

View attachment 63802

That's interesting, my boat doesn't have an oil shut off valve. It's a 96 Challenger. And even when I pinched the hoses to stop the oil when I needed to remove the hoses it still caused a total disaster mess. This would have helped a lot lol

That's interesting, my boat doesn't have an oil shut off valve. It's a 96 Challenger. And even when I pinched the hoses to stop the oil when I needed to remove the hoses it still caused a total disaster mess. This would have helped a lot lol
There are no factory oil shutoff valves. People add them when they have crankshaft oil seal leaks.

Years ago I bought a well-used 96 GTX with the 787, and within weeks lost the engine due to a balance shaft bearing failure, probably from poor quality 2-cycle oil of the previous owner, and also demonstrating front cylinder hydro-lock typical of a deteriorating crank seal. These subjects have all been discussed. Upon rebuild I now religiously use SeaDoo XPS 2tek synthetic for seal conditioning, and make sure the oil in the sump is controlled with a one-way squeeze bulb with 1/2" fittings and the valve etemplet shows above. Yes, a little overkill but piece of mind when I ski on primitive lakes in N Idaho. No problems 8 yrs later.

Attachments

• oil 787.jpg
    oil 787.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7
Years ago I bought a well-used 96 GTX with the 787, and within weeks lost the engine due to a balance shaft bearing failure, probably from poor quality 2-cycle oil of the previous owner, and also demonstrating front cylinder hydro-lock typical of a deteriorating crank seal. These subjects have all been discussed. Upon rebuild I now religiously use SeaDoo XPS 2tek synthetic for seal conditioning, and make sure the oil in the sump is controlled with a one-way squeeze bulb with 1/2" fittings and the valve etemplet shows above. Yes, a little overkill but piece of mind when I ski on primitive lakes in N Idaho. No problems 8 yrs later.

All I think about while riding is ‘I have oil, I think I smell two stroke so the pump must be working, I have fuel, water is running. Ok I’m good..’

2 minutes later the same! Now I need to wonder if the oil is actually circulating through the valve lol

Back