oil changes on the cheap........

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanpan25

Have 2006 Wake Edition 155 hp and a 2007 GTI LE 155, both with about 85 hours. Somebody has figured out by now how to do oil changes without spending the outrageous SEADOO price for oil,filter and O rings.

Please share with a Scottsman needs to know :)

Thanks

So you have a couple $5K+ ski and a $75 once a year oil change is too expensive?
Might be time to find a different hobby. Even on my old 2-strokes I spend at least $80 on oil a year.

each ski is lucky to get 5 hours per year....
batteries every 2 to 3 years...
3 other boats......
Just saying a oil filter and couple quarts of oils shouldn't have to cost $75.........

I can get a gallon of rotella t6 5w 40 synthetic for $23 and a K&N filter for $12..... Saving $40 per ski

Attachments

• seadoo.JPG
    seadoo.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 23
Sea-Doo has relaxed its oil requirements on the newer 4 techs especially if it is not supercharged. They still recommend the XPS brand but allow substitutes. Check your owners manual.

Any good automotive oil will work well on the NAs. Castrol used to make the BRP oil, not sure if they still do. Aftermarket filters also work well. Oil change can be done for around $20 if you're frugal. It's better than not doing it at all.

I can get a gallon of rotella t6 5w 40 synthetic for $23 and a K&N filter for $12..... Saving $40 per ski

We use rotella 5/40 at and eBay filters at a cost of about $33 per ski. Never had an issue. Just make sure any oil used is JASO MA/MA2 (wet clutch ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back