Odyssey sponsens for HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

starlight

I have a set Odyssey sponsens want to put on my HX but not sure if i need to remove the stock sponsens or not Any advice will be appreciate.
Thanks20190607_174100.jpg

I don’t know enough about the HX hull to give you step by step instructions, but you’re definitely going to have to remove the factory sponsons and I would think you’d need an additional backing plate on the inside of the hull. That may be the aluminum piece in the photo, but I can’t tell from that angle...

I don’t know enough about the HX hull to give you step by step instructions, but you’re definitely going to have to remove the factory sponsons and I would think you’d need an additional backing plate on the inside of the hull. That may be the aluminum piece in the photo, but I can’t tell from that angle...
Thanks for the reply Jeremy, Yes i have aluminum backing plate with stainless steel screws.

Those fit the GS series hull. They sold them for the X4's as an option too but it required that you drill an extra hole in the hull on either side. I don't like the way they handle on X4's either because they don't feel right unless your trimmed all the way up. The HX has an entirely different kind of sponson that you can feel on the underside of the rub rail. The trick on those is to insert a blade that extends a little further if you need more "grab" in the turns. I can give you the name of the guy most people send the stock ones to for carbon fiber inserts if you need it. He charges $165 the last time I checked and your set would sell for around that on the used market. If you really need sponsons on there then it would be a better option then drilling all those holes in the hull under the waterline in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back