Not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matgyver

Hey all...so I have a 2006 challenger cs with the supercharger. I had the boat out last sat with zero issues(other then a dead battery before we went out that was replaced under warranty).
I went to start it on the trailer the other day and I turn the batt switch on, dess on with 2 beeps and then 4 beeps and the check engine light on! I know this is typically the neutral switch so I tried jumping it to no avail. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong but I put an alligator clip on the 2 little posts in the plug and tried....nothing!

Any ideas???

The two beeps is the normal indication it is ready to be started. The four beeps means the key is left on the post too long so the four beeps remind you so the battery doesn’t discharge by leaving the key in for a long time. The ck engine light I’m not sure of. I have the 2007 model and can’t read codes without BUDS. I know some older models can be put into a mode to get the code without BUDS.

Just wanted to point out that you should really never jump a boat battery with all the wires still connected. There supposedly isn't much protection systems in place to guard against voltage spikes. That could easily fry components, like your ECMs. If you have to jump it, disconnect everything from the battery.

Just mentioned jumping the starter solenoid. Thanks for the rest though! Got it running with a new fuse in the "Guages" spot and a new rectifier, and for the time being I have just put a full disconnect on the ground post as it's on a trailer in my driveway so not worried about my bildge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back