Not a Spark in sight

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

PeterC4

But my dealer in Muskoka is sold out. Spending the week here on vacation. Haven't seen a Spark in the wild yet, but a lot of Sea Doos on the water.

Your right, the last time out at Lake Mojave I was the only Spark rider, supposedly they sold 1600 in Europe, not sure how many they sold in the US.. But I don't see them?

I would have thought I would see one this week - and lake Muskoka is a big lake. I will make my way to Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau eventually and see if I spot one. So are you enjoying the Spark? Do you find it handles modest chop sufficiently to enjoy a longer ride - say for an hour or so?

I have been riding 40 miles on the Connecticut river for over 20 hours with loads of Jet Skies BUT Not a Single Spark? I think They lied to us?

We have visited three different lakes for the last month, most Saturdays and Sundays and have not seen any either. We do have people that ask us about them, but no owners yet.

I'm curious to see what the actual 2014 total sales numbers are for the Spark in the US. I know that they are in very short supply around here.

If they only sold 10 here then that's all they shipped in. I can't find one anyware to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's more about advertising than anything. I watch a lot of TV and have only seen about 3 commercials for the Spark. They're selling it as the new entry level product for new riders but having a hard time reaching that market. I'm guessing it's also because the people who typically buy entry level (GTI/GTS) either are already set or prefer the versatility of the GTI/GTS models. I'm going to be in Tahoe in a couple weeks and I'm curious how to see how many Sparks are out there.

I understand production was limited to 2,500 for the US. That's not many divided up across the states. Odds on seeing another are small. There are two rentals at one marina we pass but I have never seen them on the water.

Florida must have gotten a lot of them, because besides the 3 that are kept on the river I have 2 and I saw another 2 of them yesterday on the Gulf. So I know there's at least 7 in my area. There definitely easy to spot, the white panels, seat, and handlebar cover stick out like a sore thumb compared to any of the other jet skis I see.

Yep, I've seen a few on the water, a few more headed towards the water, and at my dealer the other day they had 2 3 up's they just prepped and we're getting picked up and still have a 60hp on the showroom floor

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Florida must have gotten a lot of them, because besides the 3 that are kept on the river I have 2 and I saw another 2 of them yesterday on the Gulf. So I know there's at least 7 in my area. There definitely easy to spot, the white panels, seat, and handlebar cover stick out like a sore thumb compared to any of the other jet skis I see.

yip, they must have sold a bunch in the Ft Myers Naples area as well, saw 3 last weekend, I did a short run Saturday and saw a pair. I don't see one every weekend, but honestly I only probably see maybe 10-15 ski's total when I ride, at least that I can get close enough to tell what model they are

I saw one 2 weekends ago, I was out this Saturday July 5th for a couple of hours, had a blast, really love my Spark.

I saw a lot of older seadoos, maybe 1 or 2 yamaha vx's, about 20 total skis on the lake, I was the only Spark on Saturday..

but really, 90% of the skis on the water were older GSX's, XP's, etc.. I think this is the reason seadoo brought out the spark, I guess people are not buying new skis but keeping, fixing, or buying older ones.

I saw one 2 weekends ago, I was out this Saturday July 5th for a couple of hours, had a blast, really love my Spark.

I saw a lot of older seadoos, maybe 1 or 2 yamaha vx's, about 20 total skis on the lake, I was the only Spark on Saturday..

but really, 90% of the skis on the water were older GSX's, XP's, etc.. I think this is the reason seadoo brought out the spark, I guess people are not buying new skis but keeping, fixing, or buying older ones.

I can say that over the past 2 years i'm gradually seeing less and less older 2 strokes on the water, at least where I ride. Most of my rides when I take my GP1300 I'm the only two stroke in the group but I can also honestly say that at least 75% of the time my 2 stroke stays on the trailer and I take my 4 stroke out so I can keep up with the fuel economy/range of the newer ski's. (and I usually save about 5 gallons of gas so that's $20 in my pocket)

I'm curious to see what the actual 2014 total sales numbers are for the Spark in the US. I know that they are in very short supply around here.

I heard 10 total for all of Canada, and 50 or so total US.

If they only sold 10 here then that's all they shipped in. I can't find one anyware to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just down at my dealer yesterday. They got 25 and sold all but 3 (one is to be picked up this week I think??). He said all the ones they ordered with the iBR went before the ones w/o iBR. He wished he ordered them all that way. They have a bubblegum 3 up, a bubble gum 2 up HO and a Standard 60. They also told me that they "MAY" add a package next year as a standard unit, he didn't elaborate but said it's not HP related, more of an accessory group kind of. I'm not sure to be honest. But what they did tell me was next year they are going up in price, he believes $500. He said the market was VERY receptive for the Spark, he followed that by saying he wished he could have gotten more. Honestly I think the bubble gum is why those 2 are sitting there right now.

I'm in Belton Texas and I "had been" the only one on our lake with one until I got the call this past weekend that the club I ski with had just seen a yellow one out. But I'm most definitely the only one with a Pink Ski, and I love it! Its definitely more fun when I am riding solo. It tends to flip over very easy if I am riding with another adult. Flipped twice and decided that I would no longer be taking people out with me anymore. Planning on getting the tuner installed very soon and I'd love to hear some ideas on installing a speaker or stereo on the Spark. Thanks, Dawn

I'm in Belton Texas and I "had been" the only one on our lake with one until I got the call this past weekend that the club I ski with had just seen a yellow one out. But I'm most definitely the only one with a Pink Ski, and I love it! Its definitely more fun when I am riding solo. It tends to flip over very easy if I am riding with another adult. Flipped twice and decided that I would no longer be taking people out with me anymore. Planning on getting the tuner installed very soon and I'd love to hear some ideas on installing a speaker or stereo on the Spark. Thanks, Dawn

It's always cool being the first! The tune will make a huge difference . Let us know when you want it and help to support the site! :cheers: http://www.pwcmuscle.com/sea-doo-spark-v-tech-tuning-ecu-flash-credit.html

I know of at least 2 in Idaho (mine)! I think at one time all 3 of our dealers had sold out of theirs so I know they are around.

Back