No power at 1/2 to full throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polcat

I got super busy last summer and I didn’t get a chance to take my boat out. But before that I did winterize it and stable the fuel with the full tank Of gas. I took it out for the first time yesterday and I seem to run OK at about 25 to 30 mph. On the way back to the boat launch I tried to give it more gas and I just seen the fall flat on its face after half the full throttle just bogs down. Do you think it could be old fuel? Or maybe water in the fuel? Thank you

Could be, and could be. Could also be clogged fuel filters, there are 3. 2 are easy, 1 is a pita. The hard one is inside the VST. Check your fuel pressure- tire valve on top of VST- should be 36psi.

Is there any response if you go full throttle? What rpm is it falling on its face?

Could be, and could be. Could also be clogged fuel filters, there are 3. 2 are easy, 1 is a pita. The hard one is inside the VST. Check your fuel pressure- tire valve on top of VST- should be 36psi.

Is there any response if you go full throttle? What rpm is it falling on its face?
No response. I’ll check the fuel pressure when it stops raining in Connecticut. It’s probably not a bad idea to change the as well

I wonder if this is my problem!!
3 bolts gone

Attachments

• 8E972C11-843A-4F65-A23D-0609845FE9A0.jpeg
    8E972C11-843A-4F65-A23D-0609845FE9A0.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 29C62E1C-B354-40F3-8BF8-DABCB59DC6BE.jpeg
    29C62E1C-B354-40F3-8BF8-DABCB59DC6BE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Did the bolts vibrate out or did they rip the threads out? Could have also been over-tightened. If the threads are gone, it's Heli-Coil time for all 4. You can get new bolts from an industrial supplier. Merc will charge about 4 times more.

While this looks dangerous, (after all, this is why we preflight airplanes), I don't see how this is related to your engine problem.

Did the bolts vibrate out or did they rip the threads out? Could have also been over-tightened. If the threads are gone, it's Heli-Coil time for all 4. You can get new bolts from an industrial supplier. Merc will charge about 4 times more.

While this looks dangerous, (after all, this is why we preflight airplanes), I don't see how this is related to your engine problem.

One nolt is snapped off, and the other 2 are gone, so not sure what happened. I know mh throttle cabe was acting weird also.
Shoudb ghe impeller spin freely? I tried spining ot, but seemed hard
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back