no oil pressure 2008 gtx 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cykrus

Hello. I have a 2008 GTX 215, i had inspected both oil pumps, cleaned the filters on both pumps (they were SUPER clogged), checked the pressure release valve, no clogged, no metal parts in tehre, oil level ok. At idle it runs fine, when i give it 2500 rpm after a few seconds OIL warning. I have an oil pressure gauge connected to the top of the head (removed screw, plunged in there). When i removed the screw oil came out so this tells me that oil is traveling upstream into the head, still the gauge indicates zero absolute pressure when the engine is at idle and then zero if i rev it up. Could it be that both my pressure gauge and the oil sensor are bad? What is the next step you recommend to do on this issue? Thanks

Check oil pressure sensor. If you had zero pressure the oil would not be getting to the head. Odds are the sensor went bad.

I had to replace the oil pressure sending unit, because mine would beep on acceleration telling me low oil pressure. Once I changed it, problem solved. Ordered it off Ebay for like $12.00.

I have a different issue. Removed the engine twice already and found the rear strainer cloged. After cleaning i had oil presure for like 5 minutes then zero again. Inside the strainer there is no metal just some cloth .. i think someone left a papertowel inside the engine at a moment. Tomorrow I will pull teh engine again and if i find again the strainer clogged I will split the lower bottom and inspect inside for the papertowel leftover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back