No Low end Power 2003 Supercharged 4 Tec SeaDoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skenney

I have a 2003 4 tec supercharged SeaDoo 185 HP. It had lots of power to haul people when I first got it in 2003. It has very low hours for a 2003 (Maybe 60 hrs). Now, it does not seem to have any power when it is under a load when taking off (low end). If you have someone on skies and someone on the back of the SeaDoo it will sit and spin and does not seem to have the power to plane out. When I am alone it seems to have lots of power. My neighbor has a 155 Hp SeaDoo and he was able to haul 2 small skiers and a wakeboarder with no problem. I did have the wear ring replaced but this did not seem to help.
Would you have any other possible cause for this?

Thanks!!

Since you changed the wear ring... you need a new carbon seal. Once they wear... they will suck air, and cause cavataion.

Thanks a lot for the reply I will look into the carbon ring. Is there anything that I can visually look at to verify that this may be the cause?

A cause of failure can be from backflushing longer. I have seen rings get red hot!
Once hot, warppage can occure, and at higher speed it will leak air as thrust volume and ring resonation increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back