No Gas?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
After replacing all the gaskets, starting at the heads on my 1997 challenger 110 HP engine this summer and the carbs were also rebuilt, I cannot get boat to fire up, turns over great but will not start. I do have spark from the new plugs though.The gas lines were open for a couple of months, is it possible they have to be bled somehow? I cannot see any gas going into the carbs when moving the throttle forward. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mix 50-1 gas-oil on spray bottle and spray in carb(s) before you try to start. If starts, it's fuel. How's your fuel pump hooked up? make sure in and out hoses are not switched.

If your fuel lines were empty, like after servicing, it will take some time cranking to fill up the fuel lines. After I changed the fuel filters on my Challenger 1800, I had to crank for awhile before the fuel filled the hoses and reached the carb.

Check the fuel pump diaphragm on the carb, check for vacuum from the pulse line.

If it starts with a little starting fluid. It's definitely a fuel issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back