newbee Q, power problem with speedster150 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

g.romay

Hi, I own a 255hp 2010 speedster 150, its new with 20 hours. I'm having a problem hope you can help me. the dealer sucks big time…

Ok, this is what happens, after a few minutes of cruising or skiing at relative low speed (up to 30mph) when I try to accelerate the boat looses power and it comes in like in sickles, so it pulls and drops like wo wo woo wooo wooo till it picks up speed, once it gets up to speed it seems normal, if i run a high speed for a few seconds then i can slow down and accelerate hard again like nothing ever happened, and if im running it hard all day it acts normal.

but as soon as i start cruising or going slow for a minute then it has trouble accelerating again, to me it feels like it slipping, but the dealer tells me it cant be the supercharger because the it wouldn't pick up speed again and that it must be the gas pump or something like that.

to be honest i really don't feel its the gas pump and think its the sc, but i have no experience, I really hope someone can help me, is this is something familiar to this boats? the dealer told me they have never heard of something similar, their clueless and they haven't had the time to come over… HELP PLEASE!

It's always tough trying to diagnose these kinds of issues when the mechanic / dealer isn't on the water with you at the time of experiencing the problems. I can't offer to much insight but given it's a mechanical issue and the 255 engine / charger, you may find someone who knows in the jetski section.

I would have thought if the super charger was slipping your engine revs would be increasing / peaking, not coughing / stalling. From what you have described, it could be anything from an electrical, to air flow, to fuel.

I'll let others respond, but do let us know how you get on.

How many rpms are you hitting?

When its running well around 8000rpm, but after driving it slow for some minutes and the problem is present its pulsating or jerking up to like 5000rpm aprox, after that it pulls normal, then if I run it over 7000rmp for a few minutes it acts normal, then I can drive at any rpm and the boat pulls well, as long as I don't sustain speeds under 30mph for a few minutes, because then I lose power again and have the same problem accelerating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back