New to the Seadoo forums

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

255RAT

Just would like to say Hi. We enjoy our new Seadoo a ton! We have been talking about getting another new one. Any tips on making it faster? It says its doing 70mph but even with a 100 pound rider it will not say faster. Must be limted? I don't know.

Attachments

• RXP255.JPG
    RXP255.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 23
  • H3RXP.JPG
    H3RXP.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 16
Just a welcome to the forum. I'm a new guy here too.

But there is alot of good info here. There is stuff on tricking out Sea Doos here.

Is yours 4 stroke? I have my neighbors 2 stroke, 85 hp unit. Lots of fun.

Nate

Welcome to the seadoo forum 255RAT. This is a friendly place with lots of active members eager to answer your questions.

Karl

it has a rev limiter. once it hits it's limit, it ain't gonna go any faster than that, even driven by a ghost. i am not a big fan of modding these beasts to go faster. you are pushing them into areas they don't like to go. revs are too high, or cylinder pressure is too high. drastically shortening engine life. besides, isn't 70 mph scary enough?

welcome, nice ski. I own a RXTX and yes thats the speed they top. actually its a bit lower, if you gps it it will prolly say somewhere around 67-68MPH! Riva makes some performance stuff that can make it faster. I might look into doing some stuff to mine, probably next year tho'

the rxp-rxt platform is perfect for modding for more speed with no worries. a Riva stage 1 wlll take the rxp-x to 73 mph gps with no problems

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
I will look in to the Riva Stage 1

Yes it is fast, but after an all day ride I wish it would go a lil faster.

Ya, a riva kit should get more than you need. There is also this thing called dyno boost and you can tune up your jet ski and squeeze that extra bit of performance out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I road a new Yamaha FX this past weekend. My Seadoo wasn't ready. It is fast. Doing 40 mph and it was jumping waves. Each and every wave. It is a nice ski though. I like my doo better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back