new to me GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tatt2dwater

Im now elbow deep into my 1st PWC. We were recently given a 96 GSX sea doo. So far im not in the red. We were told all it needs is a battery. My main concern at this time is the water oozing from the fwd spark plug hole (spark plug installed). How big of an issue is this?
I am currantly still battling the natorious starting grimlians. Any advice on the water & plug issue would be greatly appreciated!
I CANNOT wait to get into the water!

no need to worry about get'n it fired, but getting the water out. Make sure yuor plugs are grounded to the posts, and have a rag over the holes. Keep cranking for 5-8 seconds, then wait for 30 seconds to allowthe starter to cool, then continue until all is expelled. Then once that, pour gas down cylinders, install plugs and crank/fire it up. Do not mess with throttle at all, once it fires up or you'll kill it. May need to do the remove/install plug process a few times to clean them from water/oil, but eventually it'll grab.

And a bit more advise, do not EVER connect the ski to a running car-tractor or plug-in battery charger the extra votlage will damage the mpem, this process is not reverable but costs prolly 5-800bux to get a working one if you can find it. Take your time the water will be waiting for ya.

Spark plug?..

Im now elbow deep into my 1st PWC. We were recently given a 96 GSX sea doo. So far im not in the red. We were told all it needs is a battery. My main concern at this time is the water oozing from the fwd spark plug hole (spark plug installed). How big of an issue is this?
I am currantly still battling the natorious starting grimlians. Any advice on the water & plug issue would be greatly appreciated!
I CANNOT wait to get into the water!

Is it oozing from up under the spark plug hole or from the side of it. If you look at the parts index on this ski, you'll notice a seal. It's part #20 in the drawing. This is an "0" ring, usually redish in color. The head is split into two pieces. The head and the head cover. There is a cooling water jacket designed to help prevent detonation in between those two plates.

Check out the drawing, it'll help give you a better idea of what your looking at....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back