new to me 95 gtx, a few questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooer2022

just got my first jetski, new to this hobby but have played with small 2 stroke and 4 stroke outboards on and off in the past. The boat appears to be very clean and well maintained and the seller went over some details with me.

Hoping to take it out in the marina tomorrow. any basic do's and don't regarding starting/operating and flushing the boat?

The seller told me to start it dry for a few secs on the ramp, shut it off, then put it in water, then restart it. When flushing, same thing, setup hose ready, start it dry, then turn on water, runnign for a few min., turn off water, the give it a few rev's. reason being that water might backflow into the engine. sound advice?

anything maintenance/service items to look out for immediately and in the long term?

I'm almost 50 so won't be running it hard, just want to have some fun with it. thx

Attachments

• 20221105_143302.jpg
    20221105_143302.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221105_161130.jpg
    20221105_161130.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221105_161135.jpg
    20221105_161135.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Download the 95 service manual for it which will contain all maintenance and service items. I would not run the ski on a hose for minutes to flush it. The carbon seal and stain steel hat on the drive shaft are not cooled by the hose and will get extremely hot and could be damaged. Run it just long enough to get water flowing through the exhaust and pisser outlet, shut water, rev to blow out remaining water and shut down. Can tilt ski to back to drain more water if you want.

Download the 95 service manual for it which will contain all maintenance and service items. I would not run the ski on a hose for minutes to flush it. The carbon seal and stain steel hat on the drive shaft are not cooled by the hose and will get extremely hot and could be damaged. Run it just long enough to get water flowing through the exhaust and pisser outlet, shut water, rev to blow out remaining water and shut down. Can tilt ski to back to drain more water if you want.
is there forum "library" that holds manuals/instructions etc ?

just got my first jetski, new to this hobby but have played with small 2 stroke and 4 stroke outboards on and off in the past. The boat appears to be very clean and well maintained and the seller went over some details with me.

Hoping to take it out in the marina tomorrow. any basic do's and don't regarding starting/operating and flushing the boat?

The seller told me to start it dry for a few secs on the ramp, shut it off, then put it in water, then restart it. When flushing, same thing, setup hose ready, start it dry, then turn on water, runnign for a few min., turn off water, the give it a few rev's. reason being that water might backflow into the engine. sound advice?

anything maintenance/service items to look out for immediately and in the long term?

I'm almost 50 so won't be running it hard, just want to have some fun with it. thx
If it is the 1st time always making sure before you put it in the water is a good thing. Remember these things eat batteries I always pull the positive when im done for the day. I ALSO agree with running it on the trailer in the water to confirm the cooling system is working properly. Check the weep/peep hole near the back tie off point. Lastly I will warn that the G and S series SeaDoos can be very tipsy so if your new prepare to get wet. Keys wallet and cell phone in a water proof box in the front compartment before you cast off. And dont forget to connect your kill switch.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back