New-to-me 1997 GTX - what preventative maintenance?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good days folks!
First seadoo. Grabbed a 97 GTX and I want to start preventative maintenance.

I have:

1.) New fuel lines
2.) New fuel filter
3.) New oil filter
4.) New AGM battery ( needed one )

What else can I do to for preventative measures?

Thanks!

Good days folks!
First seadoo. Grabbed a 97 GTX and I want to start preventative maintenance.

I have:

1.) New fuel lines
2.) New fuel filter
3.) New oil filter
4.) New AGM battery ( needed one )

What else can I do to for preventative measures?

Thanks!

Rebuild the carbs with OEM kits, ck pop off, sync and adjust everything, replace oil injection lines. New fuel selector. Remove the jet pump and refill, ck bailers, ck for bumpers on each end of the driveshaft, grease the PTO. Replace the oring on the SS hat with a c clip if not already updated. Clip the spark plug wires back 1/4" on each end. New spark plugs properly gaped. Clean Raves, ck water valve on top muffler, when on the hose ck for leaks everywhere, pay special attention to the welch plugs on the pipe. Ck cylinder compression to see where you are on engine health. Is beeper good?

Great ski, lot of fun, the 97' GTX was my first ski also, I'm 3rd season with it, can be reliable if you go over everything and don't neglect it, never lets me down, I spent hours on it this past weekend. Checked it last week on my Candoo, I'm now over 50 hrs since the rebuild.

Rebuild the carbs with OEM kits, ck pop off, sync and adjust everything, replace oil injection lines. New fuel selector. Remove the jet pump and refill, ck bailers, ck for bumpers on each end of the driveshaft, grease the PTO. Replace the oring on the SS hat with a c clip if not already updated. Clip the spark plug wires back 1/4" on each end. New spark plugs properly gaped. Clean Raves, ck water valve on top muffler, when on the hose ck for leaks everywhere, pay special attention to the welch plugs on the pipe. Ck cylinder compression to see where you are on engine health. Is beeper good?

Great ski, lot of fun, the 97' GTX was my first ski also, I'm 3rd season with it, can be reliable if you go over everything and don't neglect it, never lets me down, I spent hours on it this past weekend. Checked it last week on my Candoo, I'm now over 50 hrs since the rebuild.

Wow. Quite the list thanks!
I’m brand new to seadoos - but I’m going to learn.

“Replace the oring on the SS hat with a c clip if not already updated.”

Can you tell me more about this?
He’s referring to the carbon seal where the drive shaft enters the hull. The stainless steel hat is retained with either an o-ring or a c-clip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back