New to 4tec & have pump oil questions '04 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

knee-dragger777

I am fairly versed in the my 2 stroke '96 GSX, but a good friend just bought an '04 GTX with the supercharged motor, and need some help.

1st Question--Does this year and model have the same sort of pump oil system as my older GSX? Does it have oil that needs changing once a year? If so, is it the same polyester synthetic oil? (that mobil 1 synthetic gear oil will suffice for), with the removable nose cone?

2nd question--Does this model have any "skeletons" in its closet? Weakness? Supercharger problems?

3rd Question--How do you change the oil in this thing? Pump it out? Is there a filter? is it spin on, or an element with a housing?

I know we should purchase a manual, but we just bought the thing, and it is on our list.:cheers:

Thanks in advance

#1 grease in the cone, not oil
#2 stupid ceramic washers on the s/c that can fail
#3 suck the oil out thru dipstick with a pump
element oil filter in the round housing on backside of motor
has a torx bolt
mud

Mud

Thanks so much for the response.

Quick question, on 1 and 2,

1. What type of grease, and how often does it need to be changed? Hours/ season?

2. Anything you can do to help the life of the ceramic washers? Periodic maintenance? Are they accessable?

:hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back