New Ski owner from Oz

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevski

Hi Guys.

Just want to say g'day and introduce myself to the forum. My name is Ryan and I'm from Brisbane Australia. I just got my first jetski, a 94 SPX from my brother. It needs a fair bit of work as it came with no jet pump, drive shaft or intake grate and it came from a farm in outback Queensland so was pretty stained with red dirt. I got the ski for free so hopefully I can get it on the water without having to spend too much on it. I think I could probably buy a similar one running and with rego for less than this will cost me to fix but where's the fun in that.

Things I have done with it so far are - checked compression - about 138psi/cylinder
- started it up to make sure it would run before putting any more time/money into it
- removed and cleaned fuel and oil tanks
- replaced grey fuel lines and clamps
- bought second hand jet pump and driveshaft (still waiting for these to arrive)
- gave the whole thing a good clean and degrease
- removed the stained white seat cover that was put on straight over the original green one
- heat polished the faded hood with a heat gun
- removed the old rego stickers
- done heaps of research on this forum about fixing up these old things

Things I still need to do - source various new parts - driveshaft bearings and seals, mag cover o-ring, neoprene seal, seat cover, hood latch, driveshaft bumpers
- remove carbs and check condition/clean filters
- change jet pump oil when it arrives
- install jet pump and drive shaft
- find a way to clean up or hide the ugly cracked handle bar pad
- fix up trailer
- and most importantly - Ride the thing!

I'd also like to thank everyone for the knowledge and info they have put into this forum for the new guys like me just getting into it and also to hfgreg for the personal welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Ryan

IMG_4434 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4465 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4466 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4467 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4468 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4469 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4470 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4471 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4472 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4473 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4474 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4475 (Medium).JPG

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining...

Once you get it up and running it should be near perfect....

Welcome and good luck with your ski, also love your truck.

Thanks Nike

I assume you mean the grey truck and not the white one. The white one is a 2004 Mazda Bravo which is my current work truck, I'm a self employed electrician. I bought the grey one (2014 Ford Ranger XLT) to replace the white one hence the alloy tray on the back but im having a hard time changing over because the new one is just too nice to use as a bash around work ute.

My plans are to fit a removable alloy canopy with jack up legs to the alloy tray when I eventually make it a work truck. This way I can jack the work canopy up and drive out from under it and put on a alloy framed canopy with canvas sides and an alloy roof rack for camping and trips away.

Ill get some better pics of the ranger and put them in the tow vehicles section.

Ryan

Thanks Nike

I assume you mean the grey truck and not the white one. The white one is a 2004 Mazda Bravo which is my current work truck, I'm a self employed electrician. I bought the grey one (2014 Ford Ranger XLT) to replace the white one hence the alloy tray on the back but im having a hard time changing over because the new one is just too nice to use as a bash around work ute.

My plans are to fit a removable alloy canopy with jack up legs to the alloy tray when I eventually make it a work truck. This way I can jack the work canopy up and drive out from under it and put on a alloy framed canopy with canvas sides and an alloy roof rack for camping and trips away.

Ill get some better pics of the ranger and put them in the tow vehicles section.

Ryan

Sounds like a good plan and I totally understand the not wanting to mess up the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back