New ski- How did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoorider52

Hey guys, just picked this rig up this past weekend out of Michigan. I know the RFI limits it but it also is nice since it's being used as a second behind my XPL.

1999 Seadoo GSX RFI
Brand new motor
Brand net vts system

Came with cover, trailer, straps, spare tire, extra oil, and full fuel and oil tanks.

I paid $1600. The guybhas over $8000 in receipts for fixing everything at the dealership.

Only things it need are seat cover, hydroturf and some locking grips.

So what do you guys think?

It rained on the way home so I'll get cleaned up pics soon! juat got the title and reg all squared away hoping to put at least 15 hours on this weekend!

Clean find. I have a 98 GTX RFI that I rebuilt a few years ago...it's a big gentle cruiser opposed to the two seaters.

I was honestly hoping for a little smoother ride, manageable, but enough power and just a good reliable ski. It was this or a 95 XP (717) and mod the piss out of it. With the receipts and condition this thing is in I couldn't say no. Just need a seat cover. Just finished waxing her too!

I know most guys aren't huge on the RFI but I am not planning on changing anything just running it and enjoying it.

I was honestly hoping for a little smoother ride, manageable, but enough power and just a good reliable ski. It was this or a 95 XP (717) and mod the piss out of it. With the receipts and condition this thing is in I couldn't say no. Just need a seat cover. Just finished waxing her too!

I know most guys aren't huge on the RFI but I am not planning on changing anything just running it and enjoying it.

I have been more than pleased with the RFI. During the rebuild I replaced injectors as well and it has run like a champ. One thing I discovered soon after my rebuild that my battery was not adequate and caused me heartache for several weeks chasing ghosts. RFIs are very dependent are a strong battery.

I think that was a good deal, put a seat cover on it and it will look brand new! And that trailer looks clean so if you don't need that you can get some good money for it.

Thanks! My thoughts exactly?

Am I high on the price of the trailer for $500/OBO I have no clue what singles go for. I know the market determines it, but there's not many for sale here.

Wow so this thing is a blast to ride. It is a lot more flickable than my XPL. I can be doing a solid 30 and whip it sideways into a 360 and I feels pretty dang stable. It turns on a dime too, radius is much smaller than the XPL. That being said the XPL feels much for refined and comfortable. But the GSX is much more stable, and powerful than my 94 SPX. I'm super happy with the pair betweeen the GSX RFI and XPL!!

Wow so this thing is a blast to ride. It is a lot more flickable than my XPL. I can be doing a solid 30 and whip it sideways into a 360 and I feels pretty dang stable. It turns on a dime too, radius is much smaller than the XPL. That being said the XPL feels much for refined and comfortable. But the GSX is much more stable, and powerful than my 94 SPX. I'm super happy with the pair betweeen the GSX RFI and XPL!!

I see an X4 in your future if you think the GSX is nimble and flickable :thumbsup:.

It was between that (95 XP 717) and the GSX and I went with the GSX because I ride Lake Erie mainly instead of little inland lakes.

I just couldn't commit to the X4 with the 717 and not the 787.

I have someone coming to get the single trailer today for $450, so I effectively paid $1150 for this....cant pass that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back