New project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph086

Hello all,
I recently bought a 1988 Sea doo sp hull and engine (year unknown), this is my first Sea doo project of any description, and I'm hoping you may be able to help me find the year of this engine (It's missing some parts). The engine is pearl white, and I've cross referenced some of the part numbers and it looks to be from the early 90s, I'll add the 3 part numbers below. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Joseph

cylinder housing (Unsure what the correct term is) 6913370
Cylinder head 913 270/275
Air intake 273000010

Edit: Did some more digging, this looks to be a 587 rotax engine, if someone could confirm that, it would be great.

Last edited:
I have a complete engine including carbs. It is a very clean engine externally. I think the crank or a rod may be damaged. The engines turns freely but it stops with a clunk. LOL

I have a complete engine including carbs. It is a very clean engine externally. I think the crank or a rod may be damaged. The engines turns freely but it stops with a clunk. LOL
This is a 587? Did you ever have it running, and if so, are there any issues with the engine you've experienced (minus the crank/rod damage)? (just looking to gain some more info)
Thanks.

I never had this engine running as it needs a rebuild. All of the Seadoo engines without a balance shaft or raves are very simple. If you have the correct parts in there and the timing is correct... they will run. Carburetors are a big deal and of course if you have electrical problems that requires troubleshooting.

I'll sell you the engine for $80 you pay shipping. You can't buy the rotary valve cover for that right now. LOL Prices are through the roof. It's crazy.

I've got the rotary valve cover on mine (No idea if its in good shape or not), Thank you for the offer, but the shipping on something like that from where you live to where I do would be really expensive. I may entertain the idea if I know you have a part I'm missing, but for right now, I think I'll pass.
Thank you for the tips and the offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back