New Owner Experence 2022 Switch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You put in your order last September and didn’t use any of that time to verify your trailering setup or practice? The hitch pin is held by a clip that looks a little like this: ß Make sure you have it pushed in past the detente.

Don't sell the thing. you probably can get the transducer from Garmin for less. And honestly you don’t super need it. the thing has a foot and a half draft and is beachable. If you get stuck just hop out and push off.

Hi
I bought a new hitch and locking hitch pin... my guess is that the lock wasn't on tight...I am going to buy a standard pin now. I decided to keep the boat. I ordered the transducer and second battery from the dealer. I guess live and learn
thanks
Jim

if there is one definite in this story,,,the boat would leave with a fully charged and load tested battery!,,,the pin,,,if they put it in,,,their error,,,if you put it in,,,your error,,,usually you don’t need a depth finder to know you are in shallow water…in Canada it takes a year to get a ski from a dealer,,,so…not sure in US…maybe therefore keep it,,,and learn from this experience?

Hi
The pin was a. locking one. The new pin is a cotter pin. As far as the depth finder, being new to boating I would have thought the dealer would have pointed out that I need one. I ordered this boat last Aug so it took almost a year to come in. I read the factory that is making the Switch is now working 7 days a week to get them out. Oh yes I have learned

Being blunt here...you're a newb and you're learning. The hard way. As many of us have.

It's not the dealers responsibility to ensure you're trailer is connected properly.
It's not the dealers responsibility to teach you to back your boat into the water.

You don't need a depth finder to know when you're deep enough to launch.

Sounds like you weren't quite deep enough and hit the throttle too hard to back off the trailer, thus sucking up the rock/s. BTW, that's why you have iDF...it expels debris from the pump.

You had a bad first day, mostly due to inexperience. It will get better.

You actually got lucky. Those safety chains saved you from an even worse day.

Take your time. Read your owners manual.

Boat ramps are drama magnets. Something bad happens to someone every weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back