New Jet Ski Club

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetskifreak

Hi! I am Tina O'Connell, I just wanted to invite the entire gang at sea doo forum to join Florida Jet Riders for our new club kick off! Our goal is to unite jet ski riders state wide on adventure after adventure worth of major fun and exciting places to ride and things to do. We will plan things like long distance rides, racing, stunt shows, camping out via ski, scuba via ski (getting certified and dive site rides for those already certified), to animal encouters, poker runs, eco tours, family beach play days and charity events and much more... all about adventure and enclusion and most of all fun! We welcome all club members and non club members state wide.. if you ride a ski your welcome to join a ride with us.. membership is free but not necessary to join a ride. You would of course still be expected to remain a loyal member of which ever jet ski club local you are in as well as enjoy any activities that we plan. WE will strive to plan around your clubs activities so as not to ever compete in any way. Only to add options for your fun!

To do a bit of a start off meet and greet we are doing a Club Kick Off Party: Feburary 24th, next Sunday at Ponce Inlet, Florida (dissapearing island) from 10 am to 4 pm

You can check out more on the website at: www.floridajetriders.com and on the forum which is accessible via the main page of the website.

If you have questions or need any other information, just call me at 321-299-5796 or email me at tinaoconnell@cfl.rr.com

Have fun! I hope to meet you all there! :hurray::cheers:

Cool ride!

I wish I wasn't so far away, I'd love to come down and ride!......Here the ski is put up in my spare bedroom till spring.
I hate leaving her outside. She's getting old and I need to keep her warm. LOL............my wife used to hate it, but she's used to it now!....:cheers:

Website!..

Wow, your website has a lot of cool stuff on it. So you guys are just gettin started...........I think I might put some stuff on my bulletin board out here and try and start a club too!.........sounds like a great idea.:cheers:

Where and Starting a new one..

Dude, If your in Englewood this event is closer than you think!

Ponce Inlet litterally next to Daytona Beach.. if you head out like you were driving to Daytona Beach, you would normally go over the Dunlawton Bridge and turn left on A1A to get to Daytona. Well, to get to Ponce Inlet at the end of the bridge just turn right instead of Left.. then it dead ends at Ponce Inlet about ten minutes from the turn.. you will see a giant lighthouse red with black trim paint. Directly accross the street is the main ramp. There are at least 7 more ramps in that area that you can use to get to that location but you have to get to them different ways, one is on the bridge itself and a few are on the river that runs to the lighthouse. I hope this is enough info..

I just want you guys to know your welcome to post on my site info about Sea Doo Forum.. I think our folks would love to see all the cool stuff you offer here.. share the info man :) I sent your site administrator email on here a personal invitation to do just that. Just FYI..

As for starting a new club in Mobile.. dude you totally should! There is nothing more fun then riding in a pack down the river.. such a blast! The best thing I get out of it is the off the beaten path places to ride and really neat experiences and great new friends who share my love for the water. IT is so worth it.. and other than a website and a forum creation.. which you guys are clearly able to do on your own, the only other cost is things like lunches for the gang if you cant get a dealer to sponsor you, and stuff to market the club like magnets and business cards and signs.. I think I have spent about $150.00 which I will never see again... well worth all the fun I have gained just in a few weeks of hanging out with this crowd.. so I believe the mobile crowd will love you for doing it! Do it! Start a local club...

Some folks also sell club apparal or charge membership fees to pay for the fees to host the site and forum but I just don't... I think personally fees limit your membership, and I do not feel like keeping stock of stuff to sell nor do I have the time to manage it.

I did want to offer this to my members so the cool thing is just to design your logo for your new club and put it up on cafe express, then you can let them sell stuff with your logo on it for your members they manage the store and you can choose to have or not have a mark up on it.. I don't have a mark up but do this for the members to show pride.. most think it is pretty cool and the base prices are pretty low. I do this and it is easier for me.

I do have a sponsor who pays for the lunches and drinks at meetings but other than that my costs are out of my pocket.. it is minimal though and so worth the fun I gain from the group and hangin out.

I really hope you do start your own club.. please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and it would be cool if we could maybe do a cross club ride together somewhere in the middle.. maybe Cumberland Island :)

Let me know.. I would love it if you would let me know if you move forward with it.

Just FYI. if you do just a local citywide club you can do a charter club with the AWA for free and they will sponsor you on some things, and give your members t-shirts and stuff like that.. so it helps a bit and your also supporting a fight for jetskiers everywhere to have the right to ride anywhere a boat rides.. thats what they are all about.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I hope some of you at the very least can make it.

uh, from Englewood( S.W Florida below Sarasota) to Daytona beach is like 4 1/2 hr drive by car. Thats a little longer than I want to travel for a outing..

West coast!...

Well, if you guys ever head out for a ride in the pacific..........give me a shout!...I'd do a little wave jumping with you!

Wow

Ha kind of reminds me of my street racing days back home. That sounds awesome. If I wasnt in Iraq i'd be there. If you guys ever come to Md or NC before I get out I'll def show.

Also while were on this subject does anyone know of any local clubs from Maryland or that area. Or is anyone here from Md. If so send me a message I'd love to know more.

I'm sure there are lots of riders in your area...It is still a bit chilly in that neck of the woods for anyone to want to think about riding just yet...give it time. Than watch this forum explode.

yah

somebody has to be from md.....lol i'm actually thinking about buying a wetsuit to get a couple months extra before the season and after. then maybe i can get as much time in as you florida guys and girls:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back