New Guy From Fairfax, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

97XPDude

Hello to all,

My name is Hossein Golesorkhi from Fairfax, Virginia. I'm currently working on a Project ski (1997 Sea-Doo XP) which I have owned for the past two years. This ski we purchased in a not running state and I have been restoring it back to health the past 3 months in my garage. Here is a List of everything that has been completed on the Ski so far;

-Newly rebuilt top end (SBT kit) ** The PTO cylinder has bad compression b/c of damage to cyl. wall as a result of over heating. I later found out that the Low speed Jet on the PTO carb was almost turn in all the way as a result the pto cyl. ran lean and over heated and was damaged.

-Newly Rebuilt Carbs including all gaskets and seats/needles.
-New Fuel Lines and filter.
-Rebuilt Jet Pump
-New Wear Ring
-New High Performance intake grate
-New VTS Module
-Inspected all electronic connection to ensure not rust and or broken pins.

This ski was a fresh water Ski all of its life and was always stored on a trailer while not in use. Due to carb issues it has not been used in the past 4 years.

The only issue that I have with it to this point is that the DESS post is behaving weird... When I connect the Lanyard to the post, I don't get a beep or nothing. If I press the start key, I get one beep and no starter. If I remove the lanyard, press the starter keys twice, the Mpem power up fine an I can see my gauges and can operate VTS. If I then place the key back on the lanyard post after the mpem has been powered up, I then get the two beeps and the starter works just fine and the engine catches on. To me it sounds like the DESS post is not powering up the MPEM. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Hossein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back