New boat owner w/issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhvas2006

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum, I just purchased a 1998 speedster w/twin 787 engines. This is my first Boat but I’ve been around many boats. One of my issues was when I was trying to trailer the boat yesterday the turning assist was driving me crazy that I couldn’t line up properly. If that feature was not on I would have been fine, so I’m asking is there a trick I need to learn becuase it’s only when I turn left hard that kicks in.

Another issue I was having was my right side motor kept shutting off especially if I was go like 20mph and do a sharp turn or if I would try to excelerate really fast it would cut off.
If anyone could give me some advise I would be really great full.
Thank you

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum, I just purchased a 1998 speedster w/twin 787 engines. This is my first Boat but I’ve been around many boats. One of my issues was when I was trying to trailer the boat yesterday the turning assist was driving me crazy that I couldn’t line up properly. If that feature was not on I would have been fine, so I’m asking is there a trick I need to learn becuase it’s only when I turn left hard that kicks in.

With jet boats you will find you have have to go between Forward and Neutral as your trying to dock.
If it works one way and not so much on the other check the linkages.
I had issue on my Sportster

Another issue I was having was my right side motor kept shutting off especially if I was go like 20mph and do a sharp turn or if I would try to excelerate really fast it would cut off.
If anyone could give me some advise I would be really great full.
Thank you

Most will tell you to check the carburetors. These motors are know to be temperamental when the carburetors have not be gone through. There is a tiny filter on the inside that get junked up.

Welcome to the best site Seadoo!
Where in South Florida are you?

Most will tell you to check the carburetors. These motors are know to be temperamental when the carburetors have not be gone through. There is a tiny filter on the inside that get junked up.

Welcome to the best site Seadoo!
Where in South Florida are you?

Definitely going to check that out I’m located in Sunrise.

Yup go thru carbs especially if it is a new to you boat. [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] can hook you up with OEM carb kits. I believe if you pull out your storage container above steering wheel you can disconnect the cables that go to the steering column. It took a while for me to get used to the steering assist.

Yup go thru carbs especially if it is a new to you boat. [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] can hook you up with OEM carb kits. I believe if you pull out your storage container above steering wheel you can disconnect the cables that go to the steering column. It took a while for me to get used to the steering assist.

What do you mean “can hook you up with OEM carb kit” who?
Ok that’s great do you know which cable I need to disconnect? And does the steering assist only work when turning wheel to left? When I turn to the right it doesn’t do that but if I push the orange switch on panel it turns on so that’s got me confused.

On any seadoo you only want to use genuine mikuni parts or the boat will run like chit and you will be rebuilding the carbs again with real mikuni parts. Minnetonka4me is a member here that owns westside power sports and sells the proper parts. There are 2 fuel filters, fuel valves and I think your boat has external fuel pumps. As a new boat to you you need to replace the small oil lines from your oil pump to the rotary cover. It would be smart to replace the oil filter also. Lean running because of fuel starvation will cost you a motor that's why everybody preaches about fuel systems. If you don't feel confident doing it I believe there are a few members that offer carb services.

Guy I bought Boat from said he premixed gas/oil 50-1. He said he never trusts using oil pump and rather mix instead of risking it not mixing and blowing engines. The fuel filters and oil filters do those need to be special or can I get those from auto parts store? And is there anything else I should definitely do ASAP?

The seadoo oil injection is reliable as long as the small oil lines are in good shape and the filters maintained. That being said you must feed it high quality api-tc such as seadoo xps or a few others just not outboard oil that is usually blue so make sure you are feeding it good. You should probably clean the raves and service the jet pumps. There is a grease fitting on the PTO for the drive shaft it only needs enough grease so that you can see the boot expand a little. Speaking of grease wouldn't be stupid to repack the bearings on your trailer. Some one may have added inline filters that come from the local parts store, but the stock filters are specific and important as they act as water separators. There is probably more I'm forgetting

Thank you very much I’m gonna look into everything u mentioned and c what I can figure out that I can do on my own with very little knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back