New boat owner. 96 seadoo speedster. Flush port

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briankeithv

Hey everyone. Awesome forum and i have learned so much already from this forum. Newbie question.... i have a 96 seadoo speedster. Do i leave the caps on the two flush ports on the rear of the boat when operating it?

Last edited:
Sorry, I realize this is an older thread but I do have a question that is pretty specific to this question previously asked. I recently bought a 96 Seadoo speedster like the OP and I was told by the boat mechanic who has done wonderful work getting this boat back in the water and running pretty well, that I should cap the flush ports on the stern under the back of the boat.

This seemed strange to me because it didn't look like there was a cap there originally. After reading this I am pretty confused, the mechanic seems to know nearly everything about these boats so my brain is at odds right now with the advice to take.

Can someone fill me in a bit why you would keep the ports for the flush on the stern open underwater? And just for a bit of background, I've had the boat about 2 months now and it is my first. I am trying to learn as much as possible but there is a lot . . .

The flush port on the back of the boat stays open. If you follow the hoses from the engine on the cooling head cover one will come from the pump the other goes to the flush port. It's an open loop system, water in (from the jet pump)....water out(to the flush port). You cap that flush port it's water in, boil, over heat cause the hot water never exits. When you take the boat out of the water you flush the engine thru the flush port. That "backwashes" the inside of the cooling system to potentially dislodge anything that might have gotten sucked up. Do not cap them.

Thanks so much for the reply, I spoke to the mechanic when he was here yesterday and after explaining this to him he said to def not cap them. Hopefully, in the future, he will know with these boats they stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back