New Battery Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylan33

Recently my uncle gave me his 1996 Seadoo XP. I knew up front I would need to get a new battery for it. Before I did so I jumped the Seadoo off on the old battery to make sure it would run and it started up several times no issue as long as power was supplied from an outside source. The next two days consisted of me getting a new battery and pouring the electrolyte just as the instructions told me to and charging for the proper amount of time on a 2amp charge. I charged it for 10 hours and then tested it and it read 12.8 volts. In my eyes that should be plenty for use since the directs said it should be around 12.7. I then installed the new battery and put the key on but now confirmation noise was made (should be a double beep). Obviously because of that the ski would not crank. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or if I did anything wrong. I am 18 with very little jet ski maintenance experience but I did test the starter solenoid using a screw driver and tested the key fob as well. Not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Make sure you have the little black wire from the rear electrical box connected to the negative battery terminal along with the big black cable.

Also never jump start these with a running vehicle or a booster pack or you can fry the computer.

Make sure you have the little black wire from the rear electrical box connected to the negative battery terminal along with the big black cable.

Also never jump start these with a running vehicle or a booster pack or you can fry the computer.
Okay good to know I won’t do that again. I have the little black negative wire connected to the negative terminal. For a total of one wire on the negative terminal.

Okay good to know I won’t do that again. I have the little black negative wire connected to the negative terminal. For a total of one wire on the negative terminal.
You need to connect the big black negative cable also for a total of 2 negatives.
I’m not seeing the second cable. There are 3 wires stemming from the rear electrical box. Does it come from a different location? I attached a picture of the rear electrical box but am not sure if that helps.

Attachments

• FBC8FF01-D8E1-4D6C-A910-04142FB7AAE6.jpeg
    FBC8FF01-D8E1-4D6C-A910-04142FB7AAE6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back