New 2024 RXTX 325, 0 hours, low battery warning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mach80

Hey guys. I’m new on the forum. Yesterday I purchased a new 2024 RXTX 325. Brought it home. After reading the manual I connected the key to the post and momentarily pressed the start/stop button to activate accessory mode. My intent was to familiarize with the displays and set up blue tooth. I have not even turned over the starter on this new Sea Doo. The screen illuminated, sounded like fuel pump priming for a short period and approximately 90 seconds later the low battery icon illuminated and the warning sounded followed by all equipment shutting down and display extinguishing. I removed the key. Installed the key again. Momentarily pressed the start/stop to activate accessory function and the same battery icon, warning sound, and then everything went dark. I checked the battery voltage, it was 12.8. Terminal connections were tight. Placed a charger on the battery. The charger indicated fully charged after less than 5 minutes. Connected key again and same result. I also have a second key so I tried the second key with same result. It’s Sunday today. I will contact selling dealer tomorrow when they open. Maybe I’m missing something simple?? Any ideas please let me know. Thank you.

Update:

Took the Sea Doo to the dealer today. They were very responsive and helpful. The sales rep had 2 techs immediately meet me with a laptop. They plugged in and read history of a low voltage fault code. Cleared it. Started the machine 3 times and ran 15-20 seconds each. Verifying no more codes, the machine was charging, and ibr function. Advised the battery may have been weak from sitting on the showroom. I took the machine to the lake and it functioned flawlessly. Rode approximately 2.5 hours for the initial part of the break in. Had a lot of fun. This is such an incredible machine.
Cheers

Back