Needing Help with 787 rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brklynmutt72

ok...first off, this is my first 2 stroke rebuild by myself so please be gentle...I am going to attach some photos of the issues I have had and I am looking for a reason this happened. I am pretty sure I know what failed but don't know WHY? Here is what I think happened first issue I think the last owners mechanic who rebuilt the motor
wasn't as experienced as he should have been and did not file the rave valve down which then overheated the exhaust valve melting it and allowing the rave valve to drop and get eaten by the piston....I could be way off base with this so this is why I am here...any help would be great....I have several other questions but this is the one that really has me stumped. If any other photos would help let me know...20150612_160823_HDR.jpg20150612_191820_Burst01.jpg20150617_115804_HDR.jpg20150617_115829_HDR.jpg20150617_115833_HDR.jpg

I am in flight and have limited internet. What year and model of ski?
Still have Grey Tempo Lines?
I can't see the pictures until I land, any tops of the pistons damaged or have holes in them?

I'll go with overheated rave because housing and stem were worn, dropped into bore, party over.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

787 posts are plentiful. At a hundo, that head should have been mint.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back