Need Some Help With A New Boat Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Poppy on mine is right at or just below the rub rail. I know the ratchet in the back would be below water line, and it completely covers the swim deck on the back so you're going to have to get wet if you want to put it on in the water.
You mean there's no large oval zipper area over the swim platform to allow you to stand there while you pull it over the stern rub rail at the water line? That would make it completely impossible to put on

You mean there's no large oval zipper area over the swim platform to allow you to stand there while you pull it over the stern rub rail at the water line? That would make it completely impossible to put on

The factory cover had the zipper "dome" on the rear of the cover for this reason. You could always have the opening added to any cover you decided to go with by an upholsterer.

Is that what that opening is for, makes sense now... I have always wondered as it seems not particularly useful, at least for land based boats. Its nice to quick store things under there once you put the cover on.

Can you elaborate more on what you drilled? thanks

In order to get the support pole to go higher, I drilled the bottom (larger diameter) tube so that I had more options for the stop pin the seat into when erecting the pole.

Back to the original post, if the boat is going to sit in the Florida sun for months at a time, I would suggest buying a cheap cover to put over the Poppy cover when not in use. We do this often if our boat is going to sit outside for long stretches.

I’ve been talking to Darren (see below) about a winter cover using 12 ounce waterproof canvas. They can use existing boat templates or measure out a custom cover if you want. It sinches tight to the boat and covers down to the waterline. He told me it would last ten seasons and the price he quoted me was very fair.

Darren Fitzgerald
PM Winter Boat Covers
cell: 856-857-7475
darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
Facebook: PM Winter Boat Covers & PM Boat Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back