Need help GTI LE RFI no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsb

Hey guys out on the lake this weekend with my 2003 seadoo gti le Rfi ran great the first day. Second day, it will turn over twice Or 3 times then disengages the starter by itself. Almost like it’s losing power. Then the dash will go black like the key isn’t in then a couple seconds later it will beep 4 times and the dash will light back up. It seems like if it sits for a while it will start up acouple times. I have changed the battery with the one out of our other ski and will do the same thing. Changed spark plugs and the compression is 150 and 150. Thanks

If I remember correctly 4 beeps is a low voltage signal. When my ski did this I got a battery low alert on the info gauge. Ended up being water in the MPEM. The starter may be a different issue. Generally when the starter kinda trips out for no good reason the brushes are worn. It just doesn't have the power available to keep the stater engaged. Check your grounds and Good Luck !

Bad battery. If I remember correctly 4 beeps is a low voltage signal. Generally when the starter kinda trips out for no good reason the brushes are worn. It just doesn't have the power available to keep the stater engaged.
I found the problem I have a crankshaft Seal going bad hydrolockikg the engine. Cylinder one had a good Amount of oil in it do you know anything about how to replace these or how hard it is to

Hey guys I’m running into some trouble with my Rfi. It some times it will crank over fine other times it will only turn over 2-3 times before it disengages the starter it’s self. I am getting some oil blown out of cylinder one but I don’t think it’s enough to hydro lock the engine picture if oil coming from cylinder one after sitting all night is attached. I wouldn’t think it would be enough to hydro lock the engine. Any help is appreciated. Compression is 150 in both cylinders. Also I’m using quick sliver 2 stroke full synthetic oil.

If I remember correctly 4 beeps is a low voltage signal. When my ski did this I got a battery low alert on the info gauge. Ended up being water in the MPEM. The starter may be a different issue. Generally when the starter kinda trips out for no good reason the brushes are worn. It just doesn't have the power available to keep the stater engaged. Check your grounds and Good Luck !
Is this enough oil to foul out the plug?C72124A2-AA88-41F4-BB1A-87CAF6CF06D2.jpeg

Typically what you are describing is a bad battery.
If it was actually hydrolocking you would sea a stream or mist of a lot of oil coming out of the plug holes.

Bad battery. At those low voltages the RFI basically goes to sleep and won't even spark.

Just to make sure switched batteries with our Kawasaki and it does the same thing. If I hold throttle 1/4 it will start. I can hear fuel pump kicking on when attaching key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back